h-11 broke!

1badpsd

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can get a single h-11? Studding my new motor and had one break off flush at the bottom of the allen wrench hole, studs are used but this would be there second torque

Last edited:

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
I had two do the same thing. Call them directly, nice people to deal with and they shipped me new ones free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
They got bought out by a French company, not sure if it will stay the same name or if it will even stay in the states. But in some form or fashion they will still be around. I'm guessing they are moving the entire thing to France tough because it doesn't look like any employees are staying.

Crack85

Reaction score
They got bought out by a French company, not sure if it will stay the same name or if it will even stay in the states. But in some form or fashion they will still be around. I'm guessing they are moving the entire thing to France tough because it doesn't look like any employees are staying.

Yep the lady I spoke with said they weren't re opening in the states.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Over torqued maybe ? H-11 , H-13 , 625 Custom Age are all very hard material with almost no stretch at all. So going past the spec is risking them snapping. And even if the second owner didn't over torque them its not to say the previous user didn't.

njjeep

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking I would be worried the rest are over torqued

TARM

Reaction score
That is what I would be concerned about. As you are not the originally owner you have no idea how they were tq'd. I would take it as a significant sign if one taken to in spec tq snapped. Sure there could have been some defect in one but what is more likely, that or they were all taken past yield.

NyCowboy87

Reaction score
The OP said the allen key part broke at the top used to seat them in the block, not the actual stud that broke from torquing. The nut actually sits below the part that is broached for the allen key. When I talked to them a few years ago the guy I spoke with said it's common due to the hardness of the material.

1badpsd

Reaction score
They were not over torqued, they have been my studs just pulled them from my old motor to use in my new one. Thanks nycowboy ill call tomorrow

Arisley

Reaction score
The allen key is used to tighten them down into the block. You should be able to still use it with no issues, just have to find another way to snug it down. Might try wrapping it with a piece of green scrubby and snugging it down with a pair of pliers. It does not have to be tight, just good and snug.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.