H&S problem. Shut off during download

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I ran across an XRT pro and bought it for my bossman as he wanted one last week. During programming today he said the xrt pro shut off and now the truck wont start. I cant get ahold of anyone at h&S

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I ran across an XRT pro and bought it for my bossman as he wanted one last week. During programming today he said the xrt pro shut off and now the truck wont start. I cant get ahold of anyone at h&S

Im not sure about the xrt's but the mini max have a function to restore the truck if a download fails. When you turn the key back on see if it says anything on the screen to fix the failed tune. I know its not much help but just something to look for

WoodBoy

Reaction score
It says recovery mode on the tuner when you turn it on. Saying that it will fix the problem and not to turn off until told so but it wont stay on long enough to even do that

WHY NOT

Reaction score
the XRT keeps shutting off when in recovery mode? I am sure someone at H&S will be able to help tomorrow, they are always very helpful and I guess they were off for the holiday today

Johnboy3

Reaction score
Wiggle the connector in the back of the unit. Every once in a great while we get a bad cord. Sometimes if you push it one way or another and hold it the unit will stay on long enough to program the truck.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
Got it. It is the plug in the back. We tried another H&S cord and still same problem. Ended up holding pressure upwards on the plug in the back of the tuner until completed. Truck has started. $350 to send it in and fix it !?!?

08twinturbo

Reaction score
Yep, ive had several do this brand new. Usually recognized it during the first download as well.

Latest posts

Members online