Hard start, slow to build ICP PSI.

GDSchafer

Reaction score
Truck is a late 99, new ZD11's within the past couple years, all ohm out good still, glow plug relay also tests good. I installed new Full Force 160/30's roughly 1000 miles ago. Once the truck is started it runs fine, although it smokes a bit until it is fully warmed up. The problem is the long crank to start. I am wondering if I have a leak in the high pressure oil system somewhere, possibly injector o-ring since they were out recently? The oil is right up near the top in the HPOP reservoir after the truck has been sitting. I took a video of the ICP PSI slowly building pressure on me Edge monitor to show whats its doing, ICP is top left corner. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate some help, at this rate my starter wont last long. https://youtu.be/tpg84v9yaxE

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
how many miles on truck? how many miles on hpop? original ipr? icp sensor have oil in it? what oil are you using?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
what is ipr duty cycle? what psi does icp settle to at idle?

live life full throttle

GDSchafer

Reaction score
how many miles on truck? how many miles on hpop? original ipr? icp sensor have oil in it? what oil are you using?

live life full throttle

196k on the truck, I would guess that the hpop and ipr are original, I did replace o-rings in them when I bought the truck at 184k a few years ago. I did swap out the icp about a year ago with a known good OE one. 5w-40 mobil 1. I will have to check on the duty cycle and icp readings tomorrow when I get a chance. Thanks.

GDSchafer

Reaction score
Went out to start the truck this morning after driving it yesterday and it fired off within 1-2 seconds of cranking. So it must be when it sits for more than a day or two that causes the hard start.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.