Hauling Her Home

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Finally hauling my 01 F-250 home from Columbia SC which as far as she could make it from Augusta GA where it's been since May. I have a lot to do to this truck(2001 F-250 cc/sb 4x4 4" lift on factory 16's 315/75/16's) First thing is compression test to see why or where the problem is. And then rebuild or purchase. Regardless of the issue my intentions are to have this truck comparable in hp,tow ability,features,and comfort of the new trucks. Ive got some beginning quotes from some aftermarket suppliers for aftermarket parts. My plans are 250/100 hybrids with t4 setup and bell turbo. Adrenalin hpop,fads fuel pump,reg return with new tank and sump,oil filter bypass with external oil resevoir,coolant filter,external tranny filter, cvc can filter. All the engine internals to support 550hp on hi end pulling torque. The tranny is is already built but the suspension is getting overhauled. Coil over Dana 60 front and maybe coil over rear 4 link with the 4" lift sitting on 20's with 35's. N the meantime while this is being done I'm in the market for a get me by truck to get me by thru the winter and out west. I've saw some decent deals on XL trucks reg cabs that may not be the prettiest but will get me by. Any suggestions would be helpful . So far the folks on this forum have been vey helpful and the vendors have been good about taking time to talk with me. Thanks to Dp,Dynaproven,XDP,Irate DP. And thank you Lincoln Locker for you advice and input and the Texas Guy.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
A few questions that I have for those of you that are in the know. I really like the exhaust brake on the new trucks. What's a good exhaust brake to work with on the t4 setup and which company offers the best?
Also aftermarket brakes and rotors slotted and drilled. What's the best performance rotors to go with?
For anyone who has either installed or know someone who has installed a coil over rear 4 link. Is it worth it just for hauling and daily driving? And how does the ride compare to stock? For now I'm planning on air bag helpers and on board air. I already have a viair 200 psi compressor with 5 gal tank,valves,pressure switch, regulator.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a hpop gear break or problems in that area? And is there a valve somewhere that can stick open or break causing pump not to work?

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I'm thinking I have an issue at the cam gear that drives the hpop or at the crank shaft gear. The oil pump not showing pressure has me curious. And why would oil drain back down out the resevoir leaving it empty? I'd be willing to put wager that there's not a broke ring or valve issue. Injectors wore out I'm sure but it should stay. No codes coming up would rule out any sensor I would think. And I know if it's low on oil it won't start but it dong just spin fast either. Crank spins when hit the starter but no oil to injectors,valves ain't moving cause cam gear is stripped. Damn thing won't crank. If that's right there will be metal in the pan. I had hpop blow seals and had it fixed only a couple weeks before the wreck. If he didn't get it on there just right it stripped. Could happen to anybody!

Dirtclod

Reaction score
Not to change subject but have you paid any attention to the Dodge Rams? I wouldn't buy one cause I think they're ugly but that's a well built truck.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
A little more looking into the dodge 5 link rear is only in 2500 and 3 different configurations of engines in cummins, 2 or 3 different trannys. Too much confusion! That's not for me. I like one engine,one tranny and gear em different for more pulling.

bluedge8

Reaction score
what was the original problem with the engine on your truck? start with what was going on before you had hpop work done.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
I'll try to post again. Some reason it's not letting me. First off the guy before me ran a diablo tuner and for 4 years he only put 20$ of fuel in at a time.
Cold starts when below 40. White smoke. Oil loss bout 2 to 3 quarts in 300 miles. When I added archoil it stopped using oil and no cold starts. If heater plugged in no cold start. Replaced leaking pedestal with non ebv and hi flo outlet. Then hpop blew oring gushing oil out.

Dirtclod

Reaction score
My patience is hanging by thread with this truck. But I'm going to have to find some cause I can't do anything till it's fixed. The new ones are looking pretty good at this point. I'm laid off as of last week and I have no way to haul my camper. I'm wanting to go out west to work in Reno. There's a guy up in PA who MSG me a couple weeks ago who gets low mile 7.3's in. 1500$ shipped 140k miles. It's probably my cheapest way out then trade for a new truck. That six cause I love these old engines. But I've had enough of this truck it's possessed!

Dirtclod

Reaction score
On step closer

Here's the truck I just bought to swap out engines. It's a 00 lariat. Just a little damage on drivers side. Actually drives pretty good and runs great. I started it up yesterday for the first time since the day beforeand only issue was a tiny bit of white smoke. I had a friend stand behind to look. It started easy and Jo rough running. I let it idle 10 min and drove it a few hard miles. No leaks except some oil in the valley. Transmission shifted just like stock. But no slipping and it had plenty of power. I'm going to drive it 275 miles home on Tuesday. 3k$!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.