have any of y'all used this before

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
I know someone who used it, said it worked very well, over priced but it's the only one on the market that FIXES the problem without changing the pan

Last edited:

sniper_101

Reaction score
For $300 I'd be trying just about every method and sealer out there before dropping that ridiculous coin on something like that. Hell, at that price the inconvenience of "refixing" it every 2-3 years is worth it.

Pretty sure you could have one custom milled for far less as well. That price seems about 3x what it should.

Reaction score
With patience, the right mirror, and a custom bent wire hook I have retrieved 2 of the "dropped" adapters. IT CAN BE DONE. Also found out my leak was from a groove worn where the small oring on the dipstick is supposed to seal. Used "Right Stuff" instead of the O ring on the tube to adapter and no more leaks. I also use a Cat silicone yellow o ring on the pan to adaptor, can't tell you the part # I lost it. It is thicker and just the right size, did several of those successfully.

kanuck15

Reaction score
I bought that and used it on my truck. Didnt have time to pull the engine to do it right and it was pissing oil out. More than a quart a day (45 miles a day driving). So I bucked up spent the money and am damn happy I did.

If you catch the issue as it starts you can usually save it. Someone had wrenched on mine to the point it was done. Threads were half gone and RTV all around it. I tried the O ring fix kit and it didnt do a thing. So yeah its expensive but if you dont have the time/means to pull and engine its pretty much how you are gonna do it

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Hey, it's a neat idea and I'm sure a very well made part.
But my tech here in the shop has gotten really good at changing those o-rings in minutes (with a helping hand) with a new Ford o-ring, we've done quite a few. Seems to fix the leak just fine.

dieselflash

Reaction score
Not a bad job at all putting the o-ring in there. Just pull the dipstick tube out, clamp the adapter with some needle nose vise grips to keep it from falling in the oil pan, new o-ring, a little gray silicone for extra insurance, never had one come back leaking.

JonathanN

Reaction score
Changing the O-ring does work, but do NOT get carried away with the nut... spec is only 20-25ft/lbs. Otherwise, the flange will warp and leak worse. I just replaced mine (warped) and finally got the oil pan sealed up. I wouldn't mind one of the those flanges, but dang they're pricey.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.