Having issues with my truck

George03f250

Reaction score
Ok so I just got my truck and the last couple days it has been hard starting blows a ton of white smoke and idles rough for about 2 mins then clears up and idles normal and when I take off it seems to be lacking power blows more smoke and don't shift now I did bring it back to the dealer and they changed the fuel filters again and put some injector cleaner or somthing in the fuel to clean the injectors and they told me to run the truck hard for a 100 miles and let them know if it clears up and now if I let it idle for a couple min it does the same thing warm as it does cold its like the motor is loading up any ideas here

George03f250

Reaction score
Also need to add that they said the filters they took out looked like that had been in there for 40k miles plus but they were only in it for 2 weeks and I only put maybe 300 miles one in the last week and I got it last Tuesday

mikah215

Reaction score
Is your egr deleted?

03 f250 6in lift 20x14s on 37s 4in straight pipe sct street tune from innovative bulletproof ficm

mikah215

Reaction score
Fuel filters wouldn't mess with the tranny shifting id go back to the dealer and say wtf make them fix it

03 f250 6in lift 20x14s on 37s 4in straight pipe sct street tune from innovative bulletproof ficm

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Yeah
Really work the warranty for all its worth. Could be head gaskets and/or egr cooler rupture. Is it blowing coolant from the reservoir cap at all?

Ford dealers do have a fuel system cleaner that i was told by a tech works awesome to clean everything out. Does the smoke smell like fuel or coolant?

Last edited:

George03f250

Reaction score
On a good note I started the truck this morning and it started a lot better this morning there was alittle smoke but very minimal

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Im no expert but id say you have at least one bad injector. Cracked nozzle maybe and its constantly dumping fuel.

George03f250

Reaction score
Good news started the truck this morning no smoke at all and the problem has about gone away completley it acted up allittle but no smoke and it cleared right up and hadn't had a problem at all today

George03f250

Reaction score
Well good news I have now ran a full tank of fuel through my truck and I am having no more issues at this time

Latest posts

Members online