Head porting question

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Right below the intake manifold inlet on each head there is a connecting "stud" from the top to the bottom right in the path way of the incoming air. Would it be too risky to remove that stud? Or should I put a wing on the stud to direct air to the far side?

ChunderDownUnder

Reaction score
I had the same dalema when I had my heads ported. The conclusion I came to after many questions was dont treat it like a gasser, Just clean up the bowl on the intake and that will do it.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Did that and smoothed out as much as I could with everything else.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
If you are talking about the the vertical beams in the Intake manifold, It's just a casting support. I know of several sets that don't have them with no issues. Not sure it will net you much gain though.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
It won't be any gain that I can notice, just interference of air flow.

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Removed the studs. Should I take the "screen" out of the stock intake manifold?

Reaction score
I don't think the No Limit ones are the same as Beans, they are flat like Riff Raff.

I have been reserching plenums since I'm getting serious about changing to a T4 turbo.

I found the Beans ones on their site but it was not easy. Like they don't want to sell any or something!

I'm still on the fence between the possible (perceived) benefit of plenum volume and possible air flow improvement and the simplicity of o ring sealing combined with less issues with clearance of hoses and lines and no possibility of interference with any future turbo.

I may just put some inserts in some stock SD plenums and be happy. It isn't the money, it is the actual benefit.

Latest posts

Members online