Head Stud Dilema

caladash

Reaction score
Im putting together a forged rod block and I'm down to the head stud decision. Once I pull out my pmr motor it's gonna get torn down and rebuilt with billet internals and the head studs will be reused. It's a toss up between H-11s or ARPs. I was also considering Empires studs as well. Doing some forum reading some people say the ARPs can't be reused as many times as the H-11s. Is this true? How many times can an H-11 be reused? Im currently running 250/200s with an H2E and will hopefully be upgrading to a modded H2E. I'm only pushing about 36 psi of boost currently. I like the Empire ones because if something happens to a stud I can have it replaced instead of buying another set. I know the H-11s arent like that. Are the ARPs like that? I basically want a stud that can be reused multiple times and is strong. Any other tips or reasons to help me decide?

907DAVE

Reaction score
Buy the H-11's and never worry about buying another set again.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I'm on my third motor with my ARP's... How many times do you plan on blowning a head gasket? I dont...

Thus far my ARP's have held up to 50-55psi for 6-7 years and three motors.

907DAVE

Reaction score
I am on my 4th torque and they are holding back +90 psi on Fire Rings.

Marty

Reaction score
I use h11. I had one top break and a few nuts get stripped. You can buy individuals. With 250/200s you shouldn't be worrying about reuse for a long time.

broncof250444

Reaction score
I torqued my ARP's 4 times when I had my 7.3 with no problems. I was running mini me and 38r. But I know you can buy just one stud, nut or washer if needed from arp. H11's are the best tho.

Latest posts

Members online