headers not sealing to hypermax up pipes

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
I have a hypermax mount and di headers that I cant get to seal. Ive tried tightening them and also re-adjusting but they are still leaking at the connection. Anyone had this issue or have any ideas to get them to seal.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
How are they not sealing? Is the flare not mating to the header? You could take them somewhere and have them flared more, but I've not seen that issue before.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I have a hypermax mount and di headers that I cant get to seal. Ive tried tightening them and also re-adjusting but they are still leaking at the connection. Anyone had this issue or have any ideas to get them to seal.

Are both new or used?
assuming both are in good shape try some anti seize on the ball surface to help center the up pipe as it tightens and make sure both bolts are tightened evenly.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
I've had a few sets of Hypermax up-pipes and I don't think they flare the end well enough. Before I even attempt installing them on my truck, I run them down to an exhaust shop with a hydraulic flaring tool and have them push a cone fixture into the end enough to make the flare a bit larger. It gives the flange more to grip and makes for more surface area to cover the opening of the "ball" on the manifold/header.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
That's a last ditch effort, I'm trying not to have to completely pull the out of the truck. it may come down to that. Wish i had done it when I had the trans out last week.

Latest posts

Members online