Help! no crank after transmission swap

matoolis

Reaction score
06 F350 6.0/5r110/4x4

So i swapped my transmission out and now it won't crank, Acts like its in gear. I swapped all the sensors from the old trans to the new trans to be sure they're good, they're all hooked up except the main trans plug, its in but the old trans had a spot to put a bolt through it to hold the plug in, my new trans doesn't. So is there a way to adjust the shift linkage or something or could it be due to the plug somehow?
Thanks guys.

webb06

Reaction score
The main harness has to be plugged in and bolted down for the terminals to make contact. It won't start otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matoolis

Reaction score
So is there a reason this one doesn't seem to have the bolt hole? it seemed to be in fully but i could very well be wrong.

webb06

Reaction score
So is there a reason this one doesn't seem to have the bolt hole? it seemed to be in fully but i could very well be wrong.

I'm not sure. Never seen one not have the bolt. Post a picture.

matoolis

Reaction score
Okay, so i did some more looking comparing it to my old trans, it appears the part of the clip that the bolt goes through is broken. I'm hoping theres a way to remove this and put the one from my old trans in...anyone?

webb06

Reaction score
Okay, so i did some more looking comparing it to my old trans, it appears the part of the clip that the bolt goes through is broken. I'm hoping theres a way to remove this and put the one from my old trans in...anyone?

That'll require swapping the internal electrical harness. Not a big deal but the pan will have to come off both trans

matoolis

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys! got it back together yesterday. ended up pulling the pan, dropping the solenoid body and swapping the harness. Pretty easy! Anyways, thanks for the replies guys.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.