Help!!! Please

topgun

Reaction score
My 2004 F-250 6.0 that I recently purchased a used computer for now finally runs... only problem is that after the first computer i had to send back because of lights still on even after being flashed twice. I have not had the 2nd computer flashed yet because i don't wanna waste another 90$ and it not be fixed. The lights on are the 4x4, ABS, and parking brake, also my speedometer does not work but does sweep once ignition is turned on and i also am pretty sure my glow plugs are not working either... When i purchased the computer i informed them that i needed a computer for a 2004 f-250 6.0 FX4 4x4, the serial number matches the old one but im at a loss??? Any help would be awesome im tired of spending $$$$ and i do not trust the FORD dealer in town. There are no codes registering and the only upgrades i have done are the blue spring for the fuel and the EGR delete, also there is no tuner on it either... all stock.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Sounds like the cluster needs programming also, or some programmable parameters need to be adjusted in the PCM to tell the truck it is 4x4 etc.

You can't just slam a PCM into a vehicle , you need to program it to the vehicle, either by using blank path programming or inhaling the data from the old PCM to transfer all the parameters.

You'll likely need access to an IDS to progress further with this.

Hope this helps.

topgun

Reaction score
Does "flashing" the pcm not do that? My Ford dealer has tried to get me on a few things like a new pcm being $1000 and he even wrote the ticket to explain it all to me and i just couldn't afford that, I called a few days ago and gave my serial number to the parts dept. and was told it was $600 and sum.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
600 for the PCM, likely an hour or so to swap it, and an hour to program.

I would take the truck in and tell them to reflash the PCM with as built data. Send me the vin I can send you the as built to supply the dealer with if they aren't willing to work with you.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
there is most likely an underlying issue causing these problems. I have swapped computers before. something is telling the computer its in 4x4 etc. if the problem was the computer it would have went away with the swap. these trucks can be sensitive to programming but not that sensitive. I would be looking at all the electrical components to start with...has the truck ever been under water?

topgun

Reaction score
no never been underwater, it all started a few months ago the truck just quit working fine one minute went out to crank her and got nothing. did some trouble shooting and a few things led me to like the hpop well since i had to pretty much take the turbo off to get to it i decided to do the EGR delete as well. I replaced the HPOP, ICP, starter, and ignition switch. still nothing so i took it to ford and after a few days they said o you need a new ECM... I found one had them install it and had the problems, took it to another shop and all they did was flash it. still nothing so i sent that one back and told them specifically what i needed and they shipped after about a week and a half before they could locate what i needed. installed it and still the same thing. i just put her back together today since i took off the air box and intake cooler pipe so i could re-check all of my connections... I haven't found any loose or with broken or loose wires, even had the wife sit and watch them while i did a wiggle test on them all and still nothing. I am gonna try to have it programmed to the truck specifically tomorrow. I'll let ya know what we discover.

topgun

Reaction score
Well reprogramming the computer did not work... so i left it to see if a wiring issue was else where.

bboteler

Reaction score
I wonder if the glow plug relay got fried when the computer went? I know we talked earlier and the ficm is weak but there has got to be something behind all this.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
4x4, abs, brake and speedo not working.... Now that we are sure the PCM has the right **** in it, we need to look at the abs module and its communication network.

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
is your truck esof or manual 4x4? if esof i would look at the transmission harness...is the truck in any kind of limp mode? starts and drives fine, just has these lights on?

topgun

Reaction score
No not in limp mode, she starts fine now that i installed a different FICM so there is no more hard starts but she still has all the other issues. Transmission is an auto and 4x4 is esof.

topgun

Reaction score
as far as the speedometer not working i can hook up my little Actron scan tool and it will display the speed, rpm's, and even coolant temps but my speedometer is not working... Transmission harness gone bad or is there a possible broken ground or maybe even a relay gone bad???? i attempted to lock in my 4x4 and i am pretty sure that it did not lock in... Damn electronics.

topgun

Reaction score
ha... hell no, after I called them back waiting for a return label, all they can give me is a "Store Credit" and like i told them I don't need a store credit. So now were gonna play the swap game until I get the right one. I will not deal with these people again and I suggest anyone looking to use Flagship Computers think twice. I should have just bit the bullet and bought new.

Latest posts

Members online