help please .

barnzee07

Reaction score
Changed oil cooler and did a egr delete...now just blew apart uppipe to intake all to hell.to much boost or what.also just got a po47 code...running a sct 3015 tuner with street tune..I removed my nanks sixgun so I could do the delete an turn egr off...now truck is screwed up .any help is appreciated

webb06

Reaction score
Changed oil cooler and did a egr delete...now just blew apart uppipe to intake all to hell.to much boost or what.also just got a po47 code...running a sct 3015 tuner with street tune..I removed my nanks sixgun so I could do the delete an turn egr off...now truck is screwed up .any help is appreciated

Did you replace the up pipe with a straight pipe that comes in most egr delete kits?

Where's it blown at? One of the bellows?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Thats a simple fix, only going to take some money. Some 6.0 trucks come equipped with plastic intercooler piping on the cold side of the system. What you are referring to is called a Charge Air Cooler pipe. Cold side refers to the side of the intercooler it exits. In my opinion, you'd be money ahead to buy an aftermarket cold side kit, similar to this setup pictured below. That will run you around $425 through us. If you can't swing the money for that setup, you can buy the metal updated pipe from ford. I believe those are $155-ish. Obviously one is better for performance than the other and as far as cosmetics under hood go, the No Limit kit is very easy on the eyes.

Let me know if I can help at all with parts!

~Steve

Attachments

• NO Limit.jpg
    NO Limit.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
Its a common problem, take it off too many times and the plastic gets weak. Run a hot tune hard and they blow off.

Edit cuz i should be sleeping
I am referring to the plastic pipe in front if the motor, nit sure if its the same one your talking about. Mine has been off a dozen times and im waiting for it to give in sooner or later.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yup. Heat cycles, poor manufacturing, all play a part in the inevitable demise of the plastic cold side pipe. Ford's updated pipe is *better* but it's far from aftermarket beneficial IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.