HELP stall no start

qcfarmer

Reaction score
I drove my 03 excursion about 60 miles tonight to the mall. We went in for about an hour and then when we left, we came to stop in the parking lot and truck stalled and won't restart. The oil pressure gauge on the dash jumps right up. Would could it be? We pushed the truck into a parking spot but I need to get it home somehow. Thanks

Trqmnstr

Reaction score
First thing i think of is where you at 1/4 tank of fuel or below and did you stop hard?

Below 1/4 tank and stopping hard sloshes the fuel to the front of the tank and the pump cant pick it up unless you have a sump installed.

If this sounds like the problem you have keep cranking (it takes a while) itll pull fuel eventually. Then stop and get some fuel. Dont crank longer than 10-15 seconds at a time to prevent burning ip the starter motor.

Hope that helped.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Truck was over 3/4 full of fuel. I'm thinking icp sensor but since it is an 03, I couldn't unplug to check. The HPOP was replaced in August. So I hope it didn't sh!t the bed already.

Geoff426

Reaction score
After I did my BPD oil cooler, my lack of extreme cleanliness wiped out my IPR. Had a hole in the screen. Wouldn't restart. That was a couple months after I had it back together too. Ran great till it just wouldn't run anymore. Good luck, they're not fun to get to. I have an 03 as well.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Brought it to my mechanic. I don't like to play with the 6.0s. It's too bad, it's the first time in 10 years it's left us stranded far from home and now the wife had lost all faith in it. She's already shopping for a new truck and then maybe an excursion conversion in the not to distant future.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Just talked to my mechanic, the ipr screen had a hole in it. He changed the ipr and all is good again.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Well, truck ran great for a few weeks and now is showing same symptoms as before it stalled and left me stranded. These symptoms were hesitation and blue smoke when you took off from a stop and then cleared up and ran fine. I'm thinking there might be still debris in the system causing the ipr to not function correctly until one day the debris will take it out again. Is there a write up to remove ipr? Is there a way to clean the oil system? Thanks

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Do you have to remove a bunch if stuff or just degas bottle and ficm? Also, did you need the special tool to remove it? Does a lot of oil run out? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to be prepared.

swinky

Reaction score
Do you have to remove a bunch if stuff or just degas bottle and ficm? Also, did you need the special tool to remove it? Does a lot of oil run out? Sorry for all the questions but I just want to be prepared.

I got to it from underneath.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

qcfarmer

Reaction score
Another question. Will an ipr out of an 06 work in my 03? I also pulled codes. I had a p2286 and p2287. I'm going to take the turbo off and see what the sensor looks like and check the screen on the ipr.

qcfarmer

Reaction score
*update* I pulled turbo and found the two wires that go to the ipr were bare and touching right by the plug. I then removed the heat shield around the entire harness (ipr, icp) and saw that the three icp wires had been badly repaired and all three were also exposed and presumably touching. I fixed all the wires and put everything back together. She fired right up and no cel so far.

Latest posts

Members online