Help with coolingmist

SDstroker

Reaction score
I bought this coolingmist kit used from a guy. The kit is lacking line, nozzle and egt amp box. I emailed coolingmist a couple times and didnt get to much help. They said they recommend the CM10 injector. Is one injector enough for towing? How much line should I order?
The guy I bought it from said I could plumb the egt box into my isspro egt gauge instead of running another probe?

Thanks guys

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
that kit is only designed for one injector.

as for injector, depends on what your doin with it, and how much water you need. i played with three different nozzle combinations, ( mine is a two stage, its the stg 3 mpg ) before i got to the one i liked. dont just hang on one nozzle. buy two or three, and play with them.

as for line. depends on where you put the tank, and the pump, and how you route everything. with 25ft, unless you get stupid with routing, you should be golden.

as for the egt, mine piggys with my autometer guage. like a red and yellow wire or something. i dont know how the isspro is, so i cannot really comment on that. csipsd, he's the guy to ask that question. he has isspro's and a cm water kit.

oh, and since your ordering parts from CM, get a stg 2 solenoid, and wire that in also. use that completely shut off the possibility of water injecting when your truck is sitting in parking lot when your at work.

when your tank builds pressure, as when it heats up in the summer sun it will, if your truck is off, your away from it, the pressure in the tank will actually push water through the lines, and out the injector, into the motor or ic pipes or where ever you have it plumbed, of a non running motor. this is bad.

you can wire that solenoid to shut the water supply off to the injector, till you turn the key on. think of it as a fail safe. one that does not come included in the kit, but is 100% recommended you install. whether you use that solenoid or a different one, you need something that does what i just described.

Last edited:

SDstroker

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
Get this solenoid?
I might get the CM10 nozzle first since its just a one injector system. What will happen if I inject too much water at once?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
looks right.

it will start to miss and run like chit.

looking at your sig, i dont think you can with the 10, on a single stage kit. anything is possible though.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Are you saying go with a smaller nozzle? Sounds like I may have bought the wrong kit.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
there is nothing wrong with the kit you got. i was kinda vague, i apologize. let me clear up my response.

yes, that solenoid looks correct. i would use that as a safety switch. wire it so that when your key is off, the solenoid is shut. that will prevent water from being injected into a motor that is not running, such as when sitting in the parking lot on a hot day, and your shopping.

if you inject to much water at one time, it will miss and run like chit. you will know if your injecting to much, your truck will tell you. i know, thats not the best way to describe it, but its the best i can come up with.

looking at your sig, with the mods done to your truck, and you using the #10 nozzle, i dont think you can inject to much water. my kit, on a, for all intents and purposes, stock truck, im using a #3. and a #10, and i cannot inject to much. as long as your using boost as your turn on/off, you'll be fine.

just in general, im not saying set yours up like this, just throwing it out there, if you use it, dont blame me if you dont like it kinda thing here.

assuming you max boost at, lets use 45 psi, and you cruise boost at, lets use 3-4 psi, you would turn on around 10-15, and set your max around 35-40. that keeps you from spraying at low to no boost/rpm's, and spraying max water, before your maxed on temp/boost.

SDstroker

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the reply! I am not at altitude, but thats when I have the most problems. I can see 1300 no problem towing up a decent grade at 75 mph but that's at about 6,000'.
Since this is a progressive controller can I put a T in the line and run another injector?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
imo, to much to fast.

if you want a second nozzle, get the stg 3 mpg kit, like i got.

one nozzle should more than do what you need.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score

SDstroker

Reaction score
I dont know, maybe I am just over thinking things like always. I am going to try it with the 10 and see how that goes. worst case is it wont be enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.