help with fuel fittings

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Trying to install the irate fuel system ended up having to pull the turbo and drivers side up pipe to get a fitting in.... question is do you guys use sealant on these? Factory ones didn't have any on them. And pirates instructions say nothing about applying sealant. Thanks

neverkickn

Reaction score
You can and should use at least some antisieze. I prefer permatex #2. It is a diesel rated pliable sealant that will not harden.

hwrdbd

Reaction score
I used a diesel rated thread sealant, can't for sure remember which, but permatex sounds right. Came in a tube a napa.

m j

Reaction score
the pipe thread uses sealant, the an/jic fitting needs nothing but i like to antisieze everything that i may need to take apart ever again

bad12jr

Reaction score
^^^ whs. My e fuel on my obs has that in quite a few places.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Arisley

Reaction score
Don't use white Teflon tape. The only thing it is supposed to be used on is water. Yellow works well.

Sent from my truck while eating, adjusting the radio and passing a Mustang sideways.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
i used permatex and alot of antiseze for the next time it comes apart. so far no leaks, but man this kit was such a pain in the ass to install. anyone looking to do this i suggest you have a good chunk of time to complete it and remember the turbo and up pipes have to come off even tho the instructions say nothing of the sorts. im seriously thinking of getting a spare motor so when i do my build i can build the spare then swap it out think it would be a little better then working on the ladder reaching over the motor working on everything

Latest posts

Members online