Help with H&S Mini Maxx, cant change power

50_shooter

Reaction score
Put mini maxx on today on a 2014. I updated tuner before I put it on. everything acted like it worked during download. went to drive it, and i cant change power level. it just beeps when I try. It says power level stock, and it doesnt say defueling anywhere. Anybody know whats going on with it? I know its communicating because the trans is shifting firmer...
thanks

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
it doesn't have to communicate for the transmission to shift firmer. re-seat all the cable connections and try it again.

if that still doesn't work, try a different HDMI cable. If you have another OBD-II block to try, I would try it if the HDMI doesn't solve it.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
You sure your pushing the upper button on the right ? The lower button will make it beep because it's already at its lowest position.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I know it doesn't say refueling but go under setting and make sure you have all your defuel levels set to off as well

50_shooter

Reaction score
Mike the clairvoyant over here!

No kidding!

Well, it was my first experience with an H&S tuner. I had a heck of a time getting it set up. Once I got it installed and started with the download process it threw a code on the mini max and locked up. I took it in the house and started searching for the problem online. Everything I read said to make sure it was updated, so I tried to update it. Downloaded the software, got the card reader from h&s and tried to put the card in it. The crappy card reader would not work. I tried everything I could think of and could not get it to show up on my computer. Went to walmart and bought a different card reader, and finally it was recognized. The software said there were 41 files that needed updated, so I installed them. Put it back on truck, and it finally was able to download the file. So once I get it all downloaded, I try to change the power level. There is the button right next to where it shows current power level, and I just thought it would scroll through the available levels until it would start at stock again. When it just beeped, I thought it was locked in stock mode since it said in the book that you might have to pay a $100 fee to unlock it for the 2011-12 powerstroke (which I thought was ludicrous since you have to specify which vehicle its for when you buy it, figured its just another way to gouge you for more money...), but that wasn't the case.

So, that gives you a little back story on why I thought there was something wrong with my unit, since I hadn't had too good of luck prior.

Thanks again Mike for helping me. Sometimes I need to slow down and look at the obvious before assuming the worst.

BTW, I haven't deleted the egr or dpf yet, so I have been running the performance dpf present file with trans tuning all afternoon. I noticed quite a bit of power jump, mainly at the higher rpms, much firmer shifting, and my driving coach raised my MPG exactly 2 mpg. I kept my foot in it a lot too. I think its a great mod for the guys that don't want to delete. It would be really easy to take the tuner and wiring back off if need be.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
No kidding!

Well, it was my first experience with an H&S tuner. I had a heck of a time getting it set up. Once I got it installed and started with the download process it threw a code on the mini max and locked up. I took it in the house and started searching for the problem online. Everything I read said to make sure it was updated, so I tried to update it. Downloaded the software, got the card reader from h&s and tried to put the card in it. The crappy card reader would not work. I tried everything I could think of and could not get it to show up on my computer. Went to walmart and bought a different card reader, and finally it was recognized. The software said there were 41 files that needed updated, so I installed them. Put it back on truck, and it finally was able to download the file. So once I get it all downloaded, I try to change the power level. There is the button right next to where it shows current power level, and I just thought it would scroll through the available levels until it would start at stock again. When it just beeped, I thought it was locked in stock mode since it said in the book that you might have to pay a $100 fee to unlock it for the 2011-12 powerstroke (which I thought was ludicrous since you have to specify which vehicle its for when you buy it, figured its just another way to gouge you for more money...), but that wasn't the case.

So, that gives you a little back story on why I thought there was something wrong with my unit, since I hadn't had too good of luck prior.

Thanks again Mike for helping me. Sometimes I need to slow down and look at the obvious before assuming the worst.

BTW, I haven't deleted the egr or dpf yet, so I have been running the performance dpf present file with trans tuning all afternoon. I noticed quite a bit of power jump, mainly at the higher rpms, much firmer shifting, and my driving coach raised my MPG exactly 2 mpg. I kept my foot in it a lot too. I think its a great mod for the guys that don't want to delete. It would be really easy to take the tuner and wiring back off if need be.

there really isnt much power gained getting rid of the dpf, but you want it gone, also, unplug the egr for the time being. trust me, im really bad at reading instructions and do hair brained $hit just like you, so you arent alone.

#riveredgegates

Reaction score
Need help my 2012 duramax has the same tuner but I cant get it out tow mode all my refueling is off and wont change modes

cody22

Reaction score
i have the same tuner on my 2011 duramax but my power settings are no power mild wild and hot but cant change then with the buttons any help?

sootie

Reaction score
i have the same tuner on my 2011 duramax but my power settings are no power mild wild and hot but cant change then with the buttons any help?
if its stuck on the lowest power setting, chances are there is a defuel parameter set that isnt allowing you to bump it up. Check them in the menu

TD-5

Reaction score
According to the H&S Manual the 2011-2013 Duramax tuning is not "on the fly" adjustable.

Attachments

• duramax.png
    duramax.png
    417.3 KB · Views: 84

Latest posts

Members online