Help?

036.0l

Reaction score
So this morning i was on my way to work and was about to pull in and the truck dies. It took about 15 sec of cranking to get it started. Left work and was driving thru town and when i was taking off from a stop it had no power, no smoke and was knocking. Got home and pulled codes off the sct and got #8 cylinder contrabution/balance. Is the injector going out?

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Had the same thing this morning. My stock fuel pump when out. I have a port on my regulated return system to check out my pressure though. Put a gauge on it, truck runs fine till you demand a load and then the pressure will start dropping. Sometimes a clogged fuel filter will act the same way. Once you start starving the injectors of fuel the back ones start burning up. Number 8 is on the back left. when this happened before to me I burned up #7.

036.0l

Reaction score
Well i might have to try the filter. Alot cheaper than injector or ficm. Thanks

036.0l

Reaction score
Replaced both filters and it runs great! Thanks for the help!

jbkingranch

Reaction score
Your welcome. Replace those filters at least ever 15k and about once a month drain the fuel and water separator under your seat. It's a 6mm allen. If you have a O'rielly's auto parts around they sell the Motor Craft brand filters cheaper then stealership does.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.