Hertz Componets

jdc753

Reaction score
If you guys have some time before y'all go cutting up expensive plastics and putting holes in them, get some double sided tape, velcro, or even hot glue (it will peel right off the plastic without hurting it) and some extra wire and mount the tweeters in the various spots you wish to try out.

If you don't have time alignment correction or good at tuning and are not careful of your path lengths (distance the speaker is from your head, or common point) then you can cause some seperation of the high and low sounds, essentially a delay muddying the audio image.

A-pillars work great in these trucks, most commonly firing straight across at the opposite a-pillar, or turn them in a touch.

Sail panels are a good alternative to pillars, little lower but easier for aiming unless you want to fire them straight across.

The door panel mount is the most common for standard installs as it keep the tweeter relatively close to the mid (6-8") to avoid any path length issues.

JDub

Reaction score
I just put a hertz components kit in the doore of my truck last week. I think they have an incredible sound. Very happy with them.

Latest posts

Members online