High mileage 6.0

Spoolin'

Reaction score
Thinking about buying another 6.0. It will be an 05-07 6.0 with high mileage (200k+). Bone stock. What should I do when it is tore down? Obviously sending the heads to a machine shop, installing studs and new gaskets, and an egr delete will be done. What else? Stc fitting and a new oil cooler will most likely be done too. With it being a high mileage 6.0, would it be wise to install some pushrods, valve springs, and a new oem camshaft? I do not have all the money in the world. This truck will be daily driven with no plans of going past 550rwhp. If any of those parts are not needed I would prefer to save the money. Limited budget.

Reaction score
Lifters. Have to pull motor or drop trans but it's worth it. Cam should be okay. They're stupid hard and only get ruined when a lifter blows up. And if the motor is out, might be worth it to do a bed plate seal too.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So replace the lifters at about $50 a piece? So I do not need to replace the cam, pushrods, or valve springs? If so, that makes me a happy camper.

Reaction score
Cam should be okay, same with pushrods and valve springs. Make sure the valves are tight in the guides. The 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 all use the same lifter. You can probably find a set for pretty cheap.

swinky

Reaction score
Lifters. Have to pull motor or drop trans but it's worth it. Cam should be okay. They're stupid hard and only get ruined when a lifter blows up. And if the motor is out, might be worth it to do a bed plate seal too.

X2 but if you find a lifter that is really rough I'd go ahead and do a cam. They seem to score the cams up pretty good.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online