holy,geeze,omg

glamis

Reaction score
my oil was 217 deg,when i added 7 gallons of rug'
omg scared the shiz outta me,
i already removed the heating element about 5 minnits prior
when i added the rug it started boiling,without heat,somekind of chemical reaction,
not to mention you could smell gas 50 ft away
i guess,in the future ill heat,let cool,then blend,lol

at least i didnt learn the hard way
thank the god :)

glamis

Reaction score
oh you mean the 217 degree temp never crossed your mind?

well the oil dosent flash until 504
i didnt think adding rug to hot oil would cause any hullablu
just thought it would heat up the gas,but it didnt seem to like it
sh!t whats the flash pointe on rug ??

ToyTonka

Reaction score
-65° C.

Next time let it cool, or else you you may find a new way to cause severe personal injury or death.

sgleshot

Reaction score
I'm not understanding the need to heat the oil unless you have large amounts of water in it :shrug:. Even then if you do have alot of oil in it I'd just let it sit or ditch the batch before i heat it.

glamis

Reaction score
I'm not understanding the need to heat the oil unless you have large amounts of water in it :shrug:. Even then if you do have alot of oil in it I'd just let it sit or ditch the batch before i heat it.

well,im short on space
so i was trying to speed up the precess
heat speeds up setteling
blending speeds up setteling
well,then heat and blending really speeds setteling right ,lol
and endangers your life

sgleshot

Reaction score
well,im short on space
so i was trying to speed up the precess
heat speeds up setteling
blending speeds up setteling
well,then heat and blending really speeds setteling right ,lol
and endangers your life

touche, I can relate the to tight on space, im workin out of my shed, as the pro trucks take up all the shop space lol And i also get to share the shed with the sled. currently I'm running with 2 hold tanks, one mix/filter tank, and one finished product tank. all 55 gal drums. After this weekend ill be installing a 70gal auxilary tank on the dually, which will allow me to keep more on hand. But still i could relate to having more room, I've got about 8 to 900 gallons of wmo that I have yet to pick up!!!

whitejohn

Reaction score
im also working out of a shed and i found when limited on space the best way to store oil is in an IBC tote outside the shed on cinderblocks

glamis

Reaction score
i live in the nazi state of kalifornia
where wmo is considered hazardous waste
i need to get mine into a shed,and out of site,from prying eyes.
im out in the open
in my back yard,IN A CONDO,yeperz im crazy,
soon as i get a few bucks saved ima build a 10x16 shed..

whitejohn

Reaction score
oh well no offense dave but i cant wait until that state fall off the continent and drifts out to sea LOL

but honestly its getting bad everywhere with "enviromentalists" that say everything is bad unless its green which is just another political sham to keep people busy and not paying attention to what they dont want you to notice.....sorry mini rant over

john

glamis

Reaction score
oh well no offense dave but i cant wait until that state fall off the continent and drifts out to sea LOL

but honestly its getting bad everywhere with "enviromentalists" that say everything is bad unless its green which is just another political sham to keep people busy and not paying attention to what they dont want you to notice.....sorry mini rant over

john

lol dont get me going
im sure im far worse than you
i couls rant all day,lool

whitejohn

Reaction score
lol dont get me going
im sure im far worse than you
i couls rant all day,lool

haha your prolly like my uncle who lives out there, he is counting the days till he retires and can move out of the state and back to america lol

muns53

Reaction score
I've got a small, unheated space, too (a 10'x12' shed) and I've found that a gravity-fed centrifuge helps keep things compact. I am able to fit all my processing equipment, pumps, some tools, three 275-gal totes (clean oil storage) and have plenty of space left over for 30-ish stacked cubies to settle inside the shed.

So if you go 10'x16', you'll have PLENTY of space. As an idea for you, I see sheds of various sizes on craigslist all the time. The places that sell new sheds have a special flatbet truck to move them around. I paid my local shed-selling guy $100 to move the shed I currently have from it's old location to my house.

Latest posts

Members online