Hot air from under the dash

Hercules-550

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am getting hot air in the truck from under the dash. Don't remember it being this bad. Made a trip from FL to TX 2k miles each way and it was hot as he'll in the truck. Was wondering if anyone has had this happen?
Thanks

ghohouston

Reaction score
When i had my 2002, with the original trans, the floor would get hot as hell! You might check the firewall grommets though first, if there are big open spaces in any of them, it will let hot air flow into the cab.

BMAC997.3

Reaction score
I would love to get some info on this. My truck does the same. Only on driver side though, not passenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Not much info to get. Whatever fixes his isn't very likely to be the same problem with yours.
Start checking stuff. Firewall grommets. Check your shifter boot also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

BMAC997.3

Reaction score
I don't think we would have the same random problem...this is just my first F250 and was curious if this was a common problem with them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hercules-550

Reaction score
I will take a look at the firewall grommets. It comes out of both sides but more the passenger side. Thought maybe there was a damaged vent or something. It is a lot of air flow. Not just like a little heat leaking through the floor.

Countrycar

Reaction score
Reach down and feel the ECM, you'll be surprised how much heat it gives off. I've been thinking about how to cover the ECM a shield maybe, and get some air to it to get some of the heat out. Just haven't quite figured it out yet.

Latest posts

Members online