How Much Fuel Pressure?

TARM

Reaction score
So at best an AD FASS etc could be used as a lift pump to the main hp pump. Set at 10 psi with plenty of vol. Then send it on the the fuelab aeromotive ect to handle the pressure. Of course that a good chunk of extra $$ to remove entrained air.

Tom S

Reaction score
I have mine set up to trip a hobbs switch if the pressure drops below 45 psi. That switch then turns on the fuel filter restricted light since I do not have a fuel pressure gauge. I take a hard launch to make that light flash for an instant.

golfer

Reaction score
So at best an AD FASS etc could be used as a lift pump to the main hp pump. Set at 10 psi with plenty of vol. Then send it on the the fuelab aeromotive ect to handle the pressure. Of course that a good chunk of extra $$ to remove entrained air.

yeah...that would be the general idea...but with large enough suction side lines (5/8" ID min)...the Aero./FueLab HPHV (or twin SD) pumps should do fine...though they (Aero/FL seem to) sometimes take a chit for no reason.

we just finished up a twin SD pump for a build...since the customer had some (real/warranted) concerns @ a FL/Aero pump being reliable long term...

PsRumors

Reaction score
...as long as the pressure is constant/decent under load...

as injector (fuel) demand increases (boost, load, etc)...fuel pressure could drop.

We typically don't see injector problems (associated with lack of fuel pressure) unless pressure drops below 35psi...

at higher rpm, the lack of pressure (even though it may "have" 35psi)...could cause some lack of lubricity inside the P&B assembly...

rpm plays a huge role... since the TIME between injector firings can get very short (a "refill" period of 40ms @ 3000rpm)

basically..at 3000rpm...the crankshaft moves 90degrees in 5ms...which means AN injector will fire every 5ms...and the SAME injector (#1 for instance) will only have 40ms to REFILL before it has to fire again...not a whole heckuva lot of time to refill with low-ish fuel pressure...

again...high volume LOW pressure pumps (raptor, fass, airdog) don't do so well on HEUI inj systems...since those pumps typically don't produce more than 45psi...though they can have HUGE VOLUME capability...200GPH LOL

What about the AirDog II systems? With my stock setup I can maintain up to 75 psi no problem though the stock system feels happiest at 60. As soon as money allows I plan on running a set of your baby swamps and really don't want to have to change fuel systems.

ITUKMOR

Reaction score
What about the AirDog II systems? With my stock setup I can maintain up to 75 psi no problem though the stock system feels happiest at 60. As soon as money allows I plan on running a set of your baby swamps and really don't want to have to change fuel systems.

As long as the system MAINTAINS that pressure throughout the RPM range it will be just fine. However pump life may be shortened by doing this on larger injectors (200cc's+). You will be going from basically 78cc's (w/o chip) to 150cc's of fuel. Even a stock mechanical fuel pump usually doesn't have problems running our Babies.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
yeah...that would be the general idea...but with large enough suction side lines (5/8" ID min)...the Aero./FueLab HPHV (or twin SD) pumps should do fine...though they (Aero/FL seem to) sometimes take a chit for no reason.

we just finished up a twin SD pump for a build...since the customer had some (real/warranted) concerns @ a FL/Aero pump being reliable long term...

Awesome. cant wait. Now get back to work:poke: LOL.