How much hp?

Mulletman

Reaction score
I was wanting some opinions on how much Hp you guys would say I could make on the 140hp tune with my truck, all the mods are in my sig. I know I won't be getting 140 out of it with stock injectors but that's the tune it pulls the hardest on. I have the 01 zf6 btw.

Mulletman

Reaction score
I know it's nothing special I was just looking at hp numbers and got confused. So when everyone is talking hp are they talking to the wheels?

02BigD

Reaction score
nothing worth talking about

What does a bone stock 6.4 dyno?

I know it's nothing special I was just looking at hp numbers and got confused. So when everyone is talking hp are they talking to the wheels?

There are a limited few shops in the diesel pickup world that have an engine dyno. So 99.9% of the numbers that you'll find on forums, or industry magazines are referring to rwhp developed on a chassis dyno.

Do you have a stock clutch? If so how does it like the big tune?

TyCorr

Reaction score
nothing worth talking about

Exactly! What 300 if lucky...270 something? Idk but if they are rated at 350 its prolly under 300 whp.

I like the platinums and kr but lets face it the 6.4 is kind of a turd. Yea they can make good power to do burnouts at the shopping mall with 24s on it but let's face it a 7.3 doesnt need engine builds every 60k when modded. You can run them at twice the rated hp or three times the actual rwhp and they work day in and day out.

The new trucks, barring the 6.7, seem like pieces of crap for the long term. And if they are so sophisticated and refined fuelwise why does the retarded, slobbering older brother that is the 7.3 return the better mileage numbers? Its a joke.

Anyway. Some ad equipped trucks dyno as low as 250 hp, even tuned. Some higher. Mine eas right at 325 with a 38r and 37s (stock errthang else).

ToMang07

Reaction score
Exactly! What 300 if lucky...270 something? Idk but if they are rated at 350 its prolly under 300 whp.

I like the platinums and kr but lets face it the 6.4 is kind of a turd. Yea they can make good power to do burnouts at the shopping mall with 24s on it but let's face it a 7.3 doesnt need engine builds every 60k when modded. You can run them at twice the rated hp or three times the actual rwhp and they work day in and day out.

The new trucks, barring the 6.7, seem like pieces of crap for the long term. And if they are so sophisticated and refined fuelwise why does the retarded, slobbering older brother that is the 7.3 return the better mileage numbers? Its a joke.

Anyway. Some ad equipped trucks dyno as low as 250 hp, even tuned. Some higher. Mine eas right at 325 with a 38r and 37s (stock errthang else).

LOL

Popcorn_zps970b2874.png

Mulletman

Reaction score

There are a limited few shops in the diesel pickup world that have an engine dyno. So 99.9% of the numbers that you'll find on forums, or industry magazines are referring to rwhp developed on a chassis dyno.

Stock clutch with 170xxx and it handles it just fine.

mandkole

Reaction score
^^ yup... The older replacement Luk in my OBS held 335 on a dyno session, so you should be ok.

sootie

Reaction score

what does a bone stock six four have to do with anything? if you would like to talk about them-my multiple six fours have only stayed stock for a number of days. also-he is talking about a stock truck with a tune. so.....a six four with just a tune? only about double what the ops truck is making...

02BigD

Reaction score
what does a bone stock six four have to do with anything? if you would like to talk about them-my multiple six fours have only stayed stock for a number of days. also-he is talking about a stock truck with a tune. so.....a six four with just a tune? only about double what the ops truck is making...

I asked...because you posted in this thread...and your sig caused me to be curious. Simply; you have a 6.4, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them stock, and thought you may know. :shrug:

sootie

Reaction score
I asked...because you posted in this thread...and your sig caused me to be curious. Simply; you have a 6.4, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to them stock, and thought you may know. :shrug:

in that case...270-280 rwhp stock

TyCorr

Reaction score
in that case...270-280 rwhp stock

My post was kinda azsholey too. Sorry. I thought you were being an azz so I was kinda snarky as I thought you were fixin to give Dom shti. No worries sootie :toast:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.