How To: Air Intake Heater(AIH) Delete Mod

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty basic thing but some guys may have questions or need help. I have attached a write up on how I have done it.

Attachments

• AIH Delete.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 327

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Nice write up, I would add if you didn't want a soft code for the AIH, you should install at least 1Watt worth of 470 Ohm resistors grounded out.

Tom S

Reaction score
If you could add the necessary info about the resistor I would be happy to put that in the library. I think I have seen trucks not run a contribution when the heater was deleted but the resistor was not in place. PM if I forget.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If you could add the necessary info about the resistor I would be happy to put that in the library. I think I have seen trucks not run a contribution when the heater was deleted but the resistor was not in place. PM if I forget.

Sounds good Tom. I'll put the info in there and post the updated version in this thread.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

I believe the only way a contribution test would not run was if the little blue wire were not attached. Anyway, I am attaching the updated version of the AIH Delete.

Attachments

• AIH Delete.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,537

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ok, I had to do a small edit on the write up. Please disregard the attachment in my previous post and use the most current one(the one attached to this post).

Attachments

• AIH Delete.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 168

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
This thing does not aid in any kind of starting.. its just for extended cold idle to clear up white smoke....

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Does this affect the cold starting in the winter thanks Bobby

It is to decrease smoke at cold start up that's it, per Ford

Ambient temperature must be below 32°F
Engine oil temperature (EOT) must be below 131°F
Vehicle power must remain between 11.5 and 15.0 volts
Parking brake must be applied
The transmission must be in Park or Neutral
Glow plugs must be off

David N

Reaction score
So what happens if you just delete the Relay? What does the blue wire do? Why can't it just be taken off the relay and put to the side?

TyCorr

Reaction score
You get annoying codes in your cts for it. Other than that nothing.

Latest posts

Members online