How to distinguish stock 6.0 oil filter cap?

pedaltheglobe

Reaction score
I'm in the process of changing my oil. I have read the horror stories about using the wrong oil filter caps. Can someone tell me the numbers inside a stock oil cap so I can verify?

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
It might be easier to post pics of what you have installed. For the height it's easy, the stock cap is much shorter than some filter/cap replacements out.

id_108130_31ecbf659a98d59019bf07dd67fb59e466582c68.jpg

jdc753

Reaction score
yup, plus if I am not mistaken (which happens more times than not) the wix cap/filter are one piece, the filter does not clip into the cap, like the stock Ford one does.

So if you have a low cap maybe 3" total height including threads, then you most likely have the factory ford piece.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
yup, plus if I am not mistaken (which happens more times than not) the wix cap/filter are one piece, the filter does not clip into the cap, like the stock Ford one does.

So if you have a low cap maybe 3" total height including threads, then you most likely have the factory ford piece.

Exactly, it isn't intended to be reused, but people do not knowing any better and it created HUGE problems.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.