How to get my mileage up.?

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay my 07 is getting crap for mileage. After exhuast I'm getting 12mpg. After tuner 13-15mpg.... So how do I get it up? My buddy just bought an 07 outlaw 6.0, he's getting 18mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokedout250

Reaction score
Okay so do like idp portable tunning? I also have a cold lope issue on start and have been told stiction issues if that sounds right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-sixoh

Reaction score
+1 on FICM. Keep your foot off the skinny, but im sure you already knew that. I can consistently get 17 MPG in town, and around 20-21 on the freeway. Im running the same tunes as you. Are you running the SRL as your daily driver?

If your truck is loping when its cold, and your fuel PSI wonders with the lope, probably is a stiction issue. I would recommend getting a cycle of Rev-X in, on your next oil change, see if this helps. But would that affect your fuel economy... not sure about that one. Im starting to have a little stiction, and have Rev-X on the workbench ready to go. I havent seen a decline in my fuel economy though.

Last edited:

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Might want to try switching out to some synthetic next oil change and add some revx. It fixed my stiction issues. I'd go with Innovative's or PHP's remote tuners.

I couldn't take the wait for one of PHP's loaners, so I bought one. LOL

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Im thinking Im going to order a remote tuner here pretty soon.

Also, +1 on synthetic. Im going that route next oil change as well.

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
If your truck is loping when its cold, and your fuel PSI wonders with the lope, probably is a stiction issue. I would recommend getting a cycle of Rev-X in, on your next oil change, see if this helps. But would that affect your fuel economy... not sure about that one. Im starting to have a little stiction, and have Rev-X on the workbench ready to go. I havent seen a decline in my fuel economy though.
Agreed. You need to go through the runnability with a fine toothed comb before anything else IMO. If you don't have one already, an AE will be a huge help diagnosing anything thats going wrong. There could be a number of components on the verge of going bad that aren't throwing a CEL, but keeping your truck from running optimally.

FICM tuning and ecm rollback will help.
Once you have it running 100%, absolutley do this. The newer flashes kill mileage.

Might want to try switching out to some synthetic next oil change and add some revx. It fixed my stiction issues. I'd go with Innovative's or PHP's remote tuners.
Doing this will help a little too.

Another thing to consider is that in Oregon, you are likely getting winter blend diesel right now. You'll pick up a mpg or two when the switch to summer blend happens.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Just ordered mine... Looking for some gains all around....

I think I better start saving up to stud and delete... LOL...

Nic

Reaction score
mine sits in the driveway most of the time now that i got the company 6.0...gets pretty good fuel mieage there :D

06-sixoh

Reaction score
LMAO. I have a half ton crew cab company truck, so I drive that most of the time, considering I am only home one week out of the month, I only put 6k miles on my truck a year. LOL... save a lot of fuel there too.

Latest posts

Members online