How to get the best mileage?

Powerstroke_Cody

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I started this topic to help me, as well as anyone else that has been wondering this. What kind of mileage are you getting and what have you done to your truck to get to thst point? I'll start..... I have a 2003 6.0. Bone stock performance wise besides a 5 inch straight pipe

I right now I get about 11-12 mpg city with 20x10 rims and 35s. That's staying out of it. But, the temp here has been 0-20 so that doesn't help things.

What are things I can do to get towards 20 mpg in the summer? Will be running 20x12s with a 33x12.5 then. I'm opened to anything. My truck is not bulletproofed or deleted. Please post your mileage as well as everything that's done to your truck that has allowed you to get that kind of mileage.

Thanks everyone!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I started this topic to help me, as well as anyone else that has been wondering this. What kind of mileage are you getting and what have you done to your truck to get to thst point? I'll start..... I have a 2003 6.0. Bone stock performance wise besides a 5 inch straight pipe

I right now I get about 11-12 mpg city with 20x10 rims and 35s. That's staying out of it. But, the temp here has been 0-20 so that doesn't help things.

What are things I can do to get towards 20 mpg in the summer? Will be running 20x12s with a 33x12.5 then. I'm opened to anything. My truck is not bulletproofed or deleted. Please post your mileage as well as everything that's done to your truck that has allowed you to get that kind of mileage.

Thanks everyone!

Get a SCT X4 or X3 with gearhead custom tunes and a no limit CAI.

Atsah

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!

11 12mpg city driving means 14-15mpg highway normal driving, I honestly don't see you doing much better than that with the setup you have..

Both of my 6.0 dually's were stock and I got 16mpg highway in the winter and 18mpg in the summer normal driving..

bboteler

Reaction score
My set up is:
built stage 3 tranny from Rudys (triple disk converter)
175/stock warren injectors (from my cores)
blue spring mod
S&B dry media filter
studs (all the other necessary updates done too)
4" from the turbo back, custom turbo (machining to compressor and exhaust, wheels and housing work)
Amsoil in EVERYTHING,
Airdog 100 drawing from a sump feeding the stock Fuel system
I run Gearhead tunes
I'm on 35x12.50R20's Pro-Comp's on 08 ford KR rims
I add nothing to my oil but I did start running 2 stroke oil at 1oz per gal. to the fuel.

I hand calculate my mpg currently I get 20.2 mpg on the highway
When I pull I average 16-18 depends on which trailer, what the load is and where I go.

Latest posts

Members online