HPOP Pump Failure

ZF6_7.3

Reaction score
Hey all,

Haven't posted on here in a while.
I had the HPOP on my 02 fail over the course of a few weeks.
My max PSI numbers where starting to drop which was due to the swashplate rotating in the housing causing the housing to crack/fail.
Should I be worried for my injectors or other components in the truck?
Thanks in advance.

psduser1

Reaction score
Ehh, the one in my ex failed, and I've put 10k on since. No signs of failure, yet.

Of course, having said that.....

mike_hurd2000

Reaction score
Hi I have one on my truck for the last 40,000 miles it’s been an amazing upgrade I can’t speak for possible metal shavings getting into your injectors I’d give Diesel site a call and talk to them to see what he would recommend if you can just put in his pump in it and be OK or if you need to pull the injectors and I haven’t sent out to be cleaned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sixfoh

Reaction score
Adrenaline pump from Dieselsite is the way to go. We actually did have one let go almost immediately after installing. But they covered the replacement at no charge. Worked fine ever since, 30k, 4 years and 1500 hours or so. Truck is mainly for plowing.

BAMF0816

Reaction score
The adrenaline is the best route.
Be aware or mindful of the connections on the existing HPOP and the new pump options. Something about 3/8" size with the inserts or a 1/2" straight up connection. IDK. i had a, "prior to the deep end" DynoProven pump and it had the 1/2" fittings installed. If you shoot for the insert option make sure you have an adapter or correct hoses to make the connections. After buying the insert option i had to take those fittings out (warranty void!!! yay!!) and use the larger fittings from the old pump. Oh well, time was of the essence. Good luck.

ZF6_7.3

Reaction score
The HPOP that failed is a CNCFAB stage 2. I sent it out to be repaired and so far it’s fine.

ZF6_7.3

Reaction score
The swash plate rotated in the pump housing. Wasn’t a good press fit from the manufacturer. Had to get a new housing and swash plate.

Latest posts

Members online