hvac question

patoka7.3

Reaction score
Alright I have a 2004 60 when I bought the truck it was summer time and I didn't think much of it and was just using my air conditioning and it was blowing out of my front vents now it's starting to get colder up here in the northern Pennsylvania area and I realized that my climate control selector will not switch to anything besides the front-facing events that blow towards the driver and occupants face I have no defrost I have no floor vents I have no mix I have nothing I have looked at the blend door actuator and it is currently working correctly switching the blend door open and close for hot and cold air I know that Ford designed the vacuum pumps and heating system that if the vacuum pump failed it was to put the heating control default on defrost for safety reasons everywhere I searched online I cannot find anyone having the same issues as me everyone is having issues with the defrost honestly if it was stuck on defrost I wouldn't be that worried about it who one here can tell me how to help you figure this situation out

sootie

Reaction score
there is more than one blend door actuator. Sounds the the "level" one i believe it is called, is not working.

patoka7.3

Reaction score
info on where one would find it and test it? I see there's an actuator with a metal rod the pulls up and down next to the blend area. I've moved it by hand up and down but all that one does is mix some of the air to the floor. if I can even find out how to jusy make it blow defrost for the winter and fix it in the spring I'll be okay

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Try unpligging your vacuum pump, see if it diverts to defrst. You may have to pop a vacuum line as well to empty the reservoir.

patoka7.3

Reaction score
I popped a vacuum line and I still have nothing going to defrost I'm beyond confused

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.