hvac

Reaction score
ok guys hears my problem my havc is acting up no mater where i have the selection switch at floor vents def air only comes out the defrost but after driveing a bit ten fifteen min it will start to come out the vents the pump is working i do have auto hubs with the switch on the dash i removed the vac lines to the hubs folded them over and zip tied them shut i dont mind getting out and locking the hubs the pump runs all the time if the truck is not running. well idk if it runs all the time i let it run for a good ten min and got sick of hearing it lol i pulled the glove box down and checked the lines there they all seem fine no cuts or anything i pulled the kick plate off the botom of the dash and everything looked fine there the thing that gets me is its intermitent could my pump be on its way out or could it be something else thanks in advance

Reaction score
ok so after some more digging i unhooked the vacuum lines from the im guessing the switch the thing right next to the pump and held my finger over the red line and the pump shut off after a min or so wold that meen that the peace is bad and well holding my finger over it had my gf try and change the vent settings and everything worked as it should what are your thoghts powerstroke gods

HOOV3R

Reaction score
That switch thing next to the pump is the 4wd solenoid, they are known to cause issues.

Reaction score
ok im not aposed to getting out and locking the hubs if i plug off the line that goes to the resivor any ill efects that may arise till i can get a new one if its even needed i need a new barb for the driverside auto hub its snaped off so the hubs dont lock anyway and liveing in ga i dont need sotf really

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.