hybrids. whose the best?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Sad thing is i know of a popular local diesel shop that does just that. Theres a bunch of 7.3s running around on their "stage 1" 100hp injectors. I was actually at a pull this summer with some buddies talking about trucks. I said i wanna eventually go to some big injectors but havent decided what i want or where i'll get em from. A guy that works for this shop was there with us and he said, "i'll hook ya up". I just looked at him and said," have you ever built an injector?" He kept going on about how easy it is to tear them down and reassemble them. And to build them all you do is machine down a couple pieces and your good to go. I asked if he had a flowbench to test them on, and he just gave me an odd look and said no. But he guarantee's they will work. :morons:

Its no different than the guys that are cutting delivery valves for a 12 valve using an old beat up lathe they found in a barn and getting a hard on when it romps at idle (because the balance is FUBAR'd). Sure - they have the concept down. Its the implementation that sucks.

JD3020

Reaction score
Yeah, i just laughed at him and he got pissed. He also tried telling me the guy that does some Dodge tranny work for Beans is now doing all of Beans transmission work, Dodge and Ford.

The shop is pretty much a Cummins shop, so they must be good with Powerstroke stuff since its so simple. LOL

Latest posts

Members online