Hydrodip...who is who and what is what?

MINK

Reaction score
Looking to get some stuff done. Everyone that has had stuff done - how do you like it? Any recomendations on a shop or someone on the side? I'd like it if I could clear my own stuff but I'm sure thats part of the small profit margin..

I wouldnt mind doing it myself 100% but in the short minutes i've spent I havnt located a good "kit" I like.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
I have this done in my red truck....I love it, they were able to make the patteren and colors I wanted so it worked out perfectly. The place I used was down near me, so im sure you would like something a little closer to you. If not PM me I can get you their information.. but I would not hesitate to do it

Cory@RPHC

Reaction score
Josh there is a shop here in Dayton that's supposed to be good. I'm debating between all chrome or hydro for the cummins

SmokedF747

Reaction score
my avatar is my pipes hydrodipped, quality was excellent, looks airbrushed up close, mine was endless hydrographics in nj. but definetly would do it again, was 150$ for both hot and cold side.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Wow that's some cool stuff. I have been thinking about powder coating some stuff like the traction bars.
, my questions tho is how does this hydro dip hold up compared to powder coat? Not that I know to much about powder coat. Lol

SmokedF747. That looks awesome... Every time I seen your avatar I wondered what it was....
I'm in N.Y will need to check them out....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmokedF747

Reaction score
Wow that's some cool stuff. I have been thinking about powder coating some stuff like the traction bars.
, my questions tho is how does this hydro dip hold up compared to powder coat? Not that I know to much about powder coat. Lol

SmokedF747. That looks awesome... Every time I seen your avatar I wondered what it was....
I'm in N.Y will need to check them out....

i have had mine for about 6 months now, and it looks the same, although mine isnt really "exterior" but i believe it would hold up well, the guy will drop price if a larger package is sent to him, say you did a full dash and door pieces, he would throw a package deal, seems to be pretty cool, i've only dealt with him once, but it was worth it imo

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Just spent last 2 hours looking a videos and websites.
Kits seem fair priced between $100 and 250 from what I seen. I'm sure it goes up but might just order a kit next month to see what I can do. Since I like DIY projects and all.

20007.3L

Reaction score
DIY kits suck! It doesn't hold up, creates air bubbles and looks like SH!T, the film that I use you have to be a dealer to buy! I use only the best quality film

johnp115

Reaction score
Ive seen it done both DIY and professionally by a shop. IMO if you're looking to learn how to do it and start dipping stuff then maybe buy a kit. But if not, just get it done at a shop and be done. To get the good films you gotta know the right people and places, and if you're getting specific with a pattern the professional shop will apply it so it looks how its supposed to.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.