hypermax head gaskets

kb88

Reaction score
Has anyone used hypermax 6.0 head gaskets? I know hypermax makes some pretty tough tractor pulling parts.

imelmo

Reaction score
I didn't know they made their own gaskets. I'll have to check 'em out.

imelmo

Reaction score
After reading the description I think I'd stay away from them. I not really sure what the point of them is even after reading it, lol, especially being only good to 500hp at the CRANK.

Gasket bodies are made from steel perforated sheet metal covered in graphite composite material with aircraft stainless combustion rings.
Applications: 2003-2004 Ford F-Series pickup and Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel.
Stud Update: We have tested these gaskets with ARP head studs and found no extra sealing performance gain over factory bolts and our gaskets. If used, ARP installation instructions must be followed.
Stacking of boxes will also fail the gasket. This means using an in-line programmer along with programming the factory PCM. This is due to the extreme timing advance that is produced by both modifications.
Warranty: There is no warranty with this product, if the kit fails it is due to installation error or operator error. If you have more than 500 BHP or stack boxes the gaskets will fail. We have hundreds of hours of testing and they do not fail when used in the manner which they are designed.

kb88

Reaction score
I emailed the guy who makes them and he said after 9 years of making they haven't had any complaints

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yeah I always wondered how they'd work with stock bolts. Considering OEM gaskets work with ARP's, but not with stock bolts. The problem has never really been the gasket itself...

kb88

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda thought that too then they say that aftermarket gaskets don't hold up even with the studs

Latest posts

Members online