I am in need of some help

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok so I did a egr delete on my truck and now I have a code for r the vgt solenoid. When the solenoid is plugged in it sounds like a swishing sound constantly but when it is unplugged it sound fine so I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and if so what was the fix for it any help wold be greatly appreciated thanks Vincent

vcassens

Reaction score
Any one I really need this going by tomorrow night I will try to get a sound clip up in the morning of what it sound like

faster6.0

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Get a video of the swishing sound. Sounds like your turbo/vanes bay be sticking. Swap out the solenoid first and see if it returns to the normal whistle. This can be done without pulling the turbo. If it doesn't help, I've got 3 6.0 turbos for sale 400 shipped for an 03 if you don't know how to disassemble and clean it.

Last edited:

vcassens

Reaction score
Hear is a video of it maybe this will help what I don't understand is it came off of a truck and was working perfectly fine now I get this on my truck

th_VIDEO0001.jpg

vcassens

Reaction score
Ok so I am thinking a exhaust leak but does that make sense that it wold change the sound just by unplugging the vgt solenoid?

vcassens

Reaction score
Well I got lucky and found out the up pipes where not lined up with the turbo so it was an easy fix

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.