i got my ts today

steele86

Reaction score
All i can say wow what difference in power and shifting but i have one question why would the trans temp go up120 degrees on the hwy?
Normally my gage sits at 0 on the hwy at this time of the year and summer time it sits at 150 to180 oh by the way im talking about fluid temp. any good in put? Thanks guys

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
Your gauge just started working for some reason? 120 would be a normal temp for the ambient temp being 20 degrees.

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
Could be a shotty sending unit maybe? Brakes dragging? My "0º" is 100º on my gauge, my normal drive to and from work in the winter months it doesnt move, but if I drive thru town, any stop and go, it will raise to 120º-150º. Is your torque converter locking or just spinning? Are you using TS's canned tunes or somebody elses tunes? If it just started happening when you put the chip in, I would suspect the its the tunes fault, or your right foots happy with all the new power...I doubt its a bad gauge or sending unit, it is possible though. Either way, that temp is nothing to be worried about.

steele86

Reaction score
I understand 120 is normal but this time of the year my gage says 0 since i put the chip in today now it read 120 on the hwy i just want to know if that common, i had a superchip tuner it never made temp go up. Ill take pic of my gage and post it for you guys

CSIPSD

Reaction score
yes its in the pan

Move it to the pressure port. In the pan is not a good place to install a trans temp gauge. It will take forever to register changes, more so when you have an oversized pan.

Not a fan of oversized pans.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
8073-4r100-trans-service-port-size-trans-temp-port.jpg

Drivers side, just ahead of the shift linkage.

Latest posts

Members online