I think my tranny is starting to go :(

135Hoster

Reaction score
Hey,

2011 F350 CCSB SRW fx4.

28k kms on the truck (it's for play) been deleted since like 3k kms.

I've got the H&S Mini Maxx running an older hot tune w/ tranny tuning, DPF delete, egr blockoff, intake, 4" exhaust, blah-de-blah.

I love doing boosted 4wd launches in it. It's a great way to get my smokes off the dash without having to lean forward and grab them.

I recently serviced the rear diff fluid, which looked like chocolate milk, and that improved drivability a whole bunch.

However I still have issues sometimes where the tranny will slip in RWD. Usually in 2nd/3rd, and it'll just free rev when I hog on it. I've got traction control on and the back end doesn't feel weird so I'm pretty sure I'm not just laying down rubber.

I took a sniff of my tranny fluid, and it still mostly smells like tranny fluid. Can't really smell it being burnt.

Can I just take it to a reputable shop (Have NADP near me) and have a new aftermarket torque converter installed? I think SPE has one for sale.

Auto trannys are witchcraft to me. My truck is my only automatic vehicle.

SPE

Reaction score
Hey,

2011 F350 CCSB SRW fx4.

28k kms on the truck (it's for play) been deleted since like 3k kms.

I've got the H&S Mini Maxx running an older hot tune w/ tranny tuning, DPF delete, egr blockoff, intake, 4" exhaust, blah-de-blah.

I love doing boosted 4wd launches in it. It's a great way to get my smokes off the dash without having to lean forward and grab them.

I recently serviced the rear diff fluid, which looked like chocolate milk, and that improved drivability a whole bunch.

However I still have issues sometimes where the tranny will slip in RWD. Usually in 2nd/3rd, and it'll just free rev when I hog on it. I've got traction control on and the back end doesn't feel weird so I'm pretty sure I'm not just laying down rubber.

I took a sniff of my tranny fluid, and it still mostly smells like tranny fluid. Can't really smell it being burnt.

Can I just take it to a reputable shop (Have NADP near me) and have a new aftermarket torque converter installed? I think SPE has one for sale.

Auto trannys are witchcraft to me. My truck is my only automatic vehicle.

Give us a call Monday. We should e able to help & get 1 shipped right out.

135Hoster

Reaction score
Give us a call Monday. We should e able to help & get 1 shipped right out.

For PN ATS306940336 Is there anything done to the transmission besides the upgraded torque converter?

If it is just the torque converter, it's far cheaper for me shipping wise to just purchase the torque converter and have it installed locally, than shipping 2 transmissions.

Latest posts

Members online