I want to put a 42r on

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Give me a call, we have one sitting on the shelf ready to go for you! Kit is made and produced by Irate Diesel, we market them for him

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
it could go either way, if he tows alot I would stick with the Garrett. If its a DD/toy the 4294 will be good.

It would be better with 200% nozzles.

If its a 4202 I wouldnt waste the time and money with 100% nozzles

TARM

Reaction score
The 42 is a garrett

IMO for towing I do not see the injectors being a issue either way.

IMO regardless of turbo you can get better power lower egts with 200% over something smaller. You have far more leeway without much loss in quality.

Noonman350

Reaction score
Yeah I tow. Sometimes. Usually I just cruise around and dd with it. Now don't hate if I'm wrong, but I think it's a 4288... Atleast that's what one of the mechanics at my shop said. It came off a 95 Volvo truck that has a bad engine but the turbo is still good.

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
4288 as in the same compressor side as a gt40 and turbine side of a 4294?? And I didn't know they put ball bearing turbos on those trucks..

Last edited:

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
If it is ball bearing should spool well but be a little on the small side. You need the measure your comp and turbine wheel

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'd put $ on it being a journal bearing. Op, with garrett chargers, the "R" means its ball bearing but I really don't think that's what you have. Before spending a bunch of $ on a mount, I'd do some research an figure out exactly what you have, or post up some pics like groomzy said. I'm not good at Id'ING turbos, but there's some guys on here that are.

Noonman350

Reaction score

It's still on the truck with this pic. It's the only one I have

Latest posts

Members online