idm mod?

obspsd

Reaction score
I just ordered my resistors to mod my idm in my 96 this weekend does anybody have any advice, pointers, or even pics to help me with the process as this will be the first one ive done. Also does anyone know if you can mod a superduty idm(120v) with the resistor as an obs idm(100v). Thanks for any advice

obspsd

Reaction score
I meant to ask if you can mod the superduty idm with the SAME type resistor as the obs

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
depending on if its a 110v or 120v.

The 110v yes same resistor.

The 120v no different resistor.

Fl Stroker

Reaction score
Just get a Swamps and be done for like 250. They do the voltage and frequency. Check out there right up on there web site.

dietoremain

Reaction score
Yeah i'd get a swamps one for sure, we're gettin one for my best bud soon, if it does alot, i'll get one. lol

davey99ps

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its swamps, or beans, but I thought 1 of those companies also did something else to the idm to mod it besides adding the resistor? Either way, seems like a pretty easy mod to do

Big Bore

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its swamps, or beans, but I thought 1 of those companies also did something else to the idm to mod it besides adding the resistor? Either way, seems like a pretty easy mod to do

Swamps does a frequency mod. The voltage mod by itself is ok, but nothing compared to what the frequency mod does in conjunction with the voltage mod. Swamps has also given the most detailed IDM evaluation on their website that you will ever find anywhere. No one that I know of has examined the IDM function in more depth than Swamps. If you are going to pay for a modded IDM, buying anything but the Swamps IDM is silly.

http://www.swampsdiesel.com/IDM/Project Overview.htm

There are several linked articles there in the left hand column.

obspsd

Reaction score
Well I just did the mod and I started the truck before I "RTV"ed the lid back on and the truck started and ran fine so I reckon I did it correct! thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Members online