If you've had a transmission problem please read.

ckyguy68

Reaction score
I brought the issue up on powerstroke.org when it first happened last week, then it magically disappeared.

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/ge...ad-gaskets-pics-weird-transmission-issue.html

Well today it came back, with a vengence.

I was rolling out of a stop, put my foot into it. Spun the tires bad, let off in 2nd just as I let off it hard shifted into 3rd. Tow/Haul starts flashing and the transmission goes into limp mode. (meaning it feels like it starts in 5th gear and only shifts to 6th.)

Pull codes:

P0767 Transmission Solenoid D stuck ON (this is the direct solenoid)
P2703 Transmission Friction Element D Apply Time Range/Performance

I JUST put in a GOGO direct solenoid last week along with 9 qts of SP and new filters.

So I removed the pan and took out the solenoid. No evidence of sticking. Sprayed her down real well with brake clean and blew it off. Put it back in, still doing the same thing.

Keep in mind earlier in the week this exact limp mode issue happened yet there were NO CODES in the computer and after sitting over night the truck shifted fine I was doing great all week! Made a few WOT runs in 4x4 and everything felt PERFECT.

I checked all my wiring connections, looked for corroded wiring, everything is good. This is starting to drive me nuts, I just put 23+ hours into the truck only to have it barely driveable. I would appreciate any input, this is no way to spend Christmas

Spindrift

Reaction score
I installed the upgraded solenoid after experiencing a bad shift flare and it didn't cure the problem. I'm saving for a built tranny now.

ckyguy68

Reaction score
If the direct clutches were garbage why would the problem be so damn intermittent. Like I said, this happened once, then it was fine for a week, now its acting up again. If the direct clutches were bad would it be able to make perfect shifts in 4x4 with the extreme race tune?

91turbogsx

Reaction score
I've dealt with a truck that was doing it sporadically and it was the direct clutches. Did it 2 months after Suncoast built it too. Same problem. Could be welding themselves together and freeing up randomly.

Hope you figure it out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.