IN SEARCH OF PARTS FOR EARLY TO LATE 99 UPGRADE

riverboy460

Reaction score
Looking for all the parts to convert my E99 f350 cc 4x4 to a Late 99.5 and up set up. would like to plan on running a gp38r turbo or something like that in the future. also dose anyone know the cost of the conversion. I am not talking abou tthe 2,500 for the new whole kit im just talking about quailty used parts.
thanks
matt
:walkin:

riverboy460

Reaction score
i dont wanna go extreme and also shell out a lot. just want to be within my breaking limits. eventually upgrade sticks as well. its a early 99 so dont know whats been done to it looks all stock. 73,600 miles

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Again, go with a T4 or T4i type kit and be done. The cost and effort to "upgrade" to a 38R set up is just retarded when you can just jump right to a T4 set up and be done.

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
Have to agree with Joe. Even piecing together used parts a 38r swap is going to cost you as much, if not more than going to a T4/T4i kit. And at the end of the day you're backed into the same corner as before with a reverse scroll turbo.

riverboy460

Reaction score
upgrades

so if i go to the t4 which you guys say i should. will i need to put bigger injectors in? its a all stock early 99. only mods are 4 inch turbo back exhaust from mbrp, s&b intake system and egt,trans, boost gauges. im pretty sure my pcm has been flashed at least it acts like it has been.

i just bought a php hydra tuner off a sponser of this site and cant wait to install it. i just plan on doing a little at a time. only have owned the truck for a month and a half. traded my 2003 dodge ram 1500 for it. my truck had 118,447 miles on it and i found this truck at my dealer in town with 72,448 miles. its a crew cab long bed lariat 4x4. this truck is as clean as a new one off the showroom floor. soo excited. now its play time.

thanks
matt

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
In T4 you will be able to drive a S366 with stock injectors and a good tune. They are a cheap turbo (~$600 new), and having a T4 mount gives you the ability to a larger turbo if you add more fuel.
T4i I would go with a Holset H2E or QSSB from WOP. Personally, H2E in stock trim would be my choice. You will be able to drive it with the 120cc's of fuel you have available now, and they are OEM on Cummins L10 series engines so they can be had cheap used. They are also a great platform to built off of, as a modified H2E (66mm compressor, 71mm turbine) will flow more air. Joe can chime in more on this, as I understand he's been running a modified H2E for some time now?
Should add you can also modify the QSSB to a GQSSB down the road if you need more air. Similar idea to a modified H2E.

Southmike

Reaction score
Depending on what injectors the only real low cost option is the diy d66 or d66 option.
Otherwise the t4 or t4i . They have all kinds of turbos to suit any need with that. Be it stock or highly modded. There is just not much of a gain to a 99.5 turbo . Except you will gain surge and have to deal with that aswell.

One guy got a whole engine for four hundred but face it. That will be either blown or in bad shape. But in theory you would gain slightly bigger injectors and hpop. You also get the same leaky pipes, intake plenums that still crush if you over tighten etc..

CSIPSD

Reaction score
The standard H2e will work GREAT with stock injectors. Then later on you can have it modded to what ever size you want.

I am a big fan of the H2e simply because of how tough it is. They have been around forever, and you rarely if ever hear of failure issues.

I have over 150k on my modded H2e with TONS of runs in the 40-50psi range and its never even barked once.

bruce

Reaction score
If you get a 1300 dollar 38r plus 400 for bellowed up pipes then all the other stuff to do the conversion it's cheaper just to go the t4. Down the page there is a thread where a guy went from E99 to L99 stuff. Waste of time.

riverboy460

Reaction score
thanks everyone. I think I will look into the h2e. will it bolt right up to a early 99 with no switching out of any other parts. I read somewhere that the e99 can run bigger turbos but you have to get boots that will adapt (step up) them to the intake manifold if im not mistaken.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
You get a T4 kit and I'll send you a free set of superduty 3" intake plenums...

Or you can contact RiffRaff and order a set of his billet ones.

indyF-350psd

Reaction score
also dont buy the kit from hypermax....youll get the shatty uppies like the stockers.....order from carson stauffer or another reputable builder......

Latest posts

Members online