Increase stock charger output diy?

loboost

Reaction score
Rather than a small upgrade, such as a mtw s1, hybrid, or powermax...is there anything that can be done to a stock charger to increase volume?

Maybe an advanced diy? If there is such a thing...the powermax uses a 63.5mm compressor wheel...but does it use the stock compressor housing just machined to fit the wheel?

Snake

Reaction score
Best upgrade for a stock turbo is a billet wheel. Things get complicated after that.

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
There's more to it than increasing volume. A guy here in VA was running a smaller non-vgt turbo and was doing some serious numbers as a result. To look at the small turbo his was using you would never guess he turned over 500+ hp.

loboost

Reaction score
There's more to it than increasing volume. A guy here in VA was running a smaller non-vgt turbo and was doing some serious numbers as a result. To look at the small turbo his was using you would never guess he turned over 500+ hp.

Yea man I know its capable with non GT setups...I'm just curious as to whether or not there is more that can done to a stock charger, aside from a basic drop in wheel, that a guy can do on his own for the most part. I.e swapping turbine housings and/or compressor housings...hope in making sense

Latest posts

Members online