inj cores

TyCorr

Reaction score
If you have a high mileage truck with stock inj's and plan to upgrade to hybrids what are the chances of your stock injs passing the requirements to be the cores? My truck runs good. No miss or stumbling. The injs arent excessively noisy.

Are high mileage injs bad for cores :shrug:

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
Some shops will say they require "good usuable cores". They want a usable nozzle, because they reuse them. They want good usable plungers and , because they reuse them.

The only item I require to be in good shape is the solenoid. If the solenoid/connector is broken I will charge for that.

And most shops will not accept a core that is rusted or pitted.

SkySki Jason

Reaction score
I've personally had a couple sets of injectors that ran 100% perfectly in my trucks - but were not considered rebuildable. :fustrate:

Of course I admit I'm not just running diesel through them either... ;) I still wonder if they don't just automatically call one 'junk' if they see evidence of WVO on the outside?

Tim, are you saying we should be using you to rebuild/upgrade WVO injectors because your definition of a 'good core' may be different from the others'? :lookaround: I currently tell people to either plan to wait and see if their cores are good or just buy NEW injectors since core condition doesn't matter and it costs about the same as not having good cores.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I've sent in injectors that were running fine and been told they were junk... No lube used, I just got ***ed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
What do a set of inj cores go for nowadays?

800 is common. 1000 is too. Ive seen 1200.

If your inj arent any good im thinking you have to buy a new set and pay to get em modded or maybe they charge you the core charge and junk yours.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
3-400...IF they are good, ie, useable. If you sell someone junk cores you'll never live it down.

I pulled them out of my truck so is have no idea if they're good or bad, what I thought was an injector issue ended up being an idm issue and a uvch was unplugged...

Reaction score
Core charges are not about the money. Money changing hands is the LAST thing in our minds. Injector rebuilders like myself would MUCH rather have your cores than your money. I wish people would get a grip on that rather than bash us all for our core charges. We don't even charge the core fee up front. You have more than enough time (30 days from the time you receive the injectors) to get them back to us before you get charged. If we wanted your money that bad we'd charge it up front with the purchase. Some of you act like we are out fvcking everybody out of their core money, when in fact it is the exact opposite. We have NEVER had to charge anyone for cores. If you don't turn the cores in before 30 days we assume you are keeping them and your card is charged. Plain and simple, we can't make money on your money. We can make money by rebuilding your cores and providing them to the next customer. If you don't turn the cores in, then we have to take the time to go find more cores to replace them with.

big_stroker

Reaction score
Core charges are not about the money. Money changing hands is the LAST thing in our minds. Injector rebuilders like myself would MUCH rather have your cores than your money. I wish people would get a grip on that rather than bash us all for our core charges. We don't even charge the core fee up front. You have more than enough time (30 days from the time you receive the injectors) to get them back to us before you get charged. If we wanted your money that bad we'd charge it up front with the purchase. Some of you act like we are out fvcking everybody out of their core money, when in fact it is the exact opposite. We have NEVER had to charge anyone for cores. If you don't turn the cores in before 30 days we assume you are keeping them and your card is charged. Plain and simple, we can't make money on your money. We can make money by rebuilding your cores and providing them to the next customer. If you don't turn the cores in, then we have to take the time to go find more cores to replace them with.

Where is the LIKE button??? Oh wait this isn't Facebook :ford:

TyCorr

Reaction score

I dont think anybody was complaining. I can only speak for my own posts however. I realize ford charges 300 on up per ad injector. Im also aware of why the core charge is in place. I started this thread in the interest of getting people who have turned in high mileage injs to recount their experiences and if a high mileage truck that otherwise runs good can be counted on for its injectors to be used as cores. That was IT!

Southflstrokin asked if some old inj he had layin around were anygood to anyone and what he could get for them.

If it was something someone else said Nate, disregard this post. I just wanted to make certain you dont think Im implying core charge is a ripoff. Cuz I dont think that.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.