injector install

speedinpowerstroke

Reaction score
i am putting in new injectors and was told i have to siphon out the cylinders, or it will hydro lock is this true? or will it just blow out the exhuast?

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
We have an oil extractor and always clean out the cylinders. We just do it for reassurance. Main thing with 6.0 is to follow injector torque specs and make sure the injector cups are cleaned out well.

Cold Roller

Reaction score
And to make sure the injector holder bolt holes are sucked free of oil. There have been a number of injector seal failures due to this being missed.

78f100

Reaction score
I just pull the glow plugs, set the valve covers on (or you will make a huge mess)and crank it over doing them at home. If/when I get a shop I will most likely get/make a extractor. It is possible to bend a rod if too much oil enters the cylinder, better to be safe than sorry.

Reaction score
I just pull the glow plugs, set the valve covers on (or you will make a huge mess)and crank it over doing them at home. If/when I get a shop I will most likely get/make a extractor. It is possible to bend a rod if too much oil enters the cylinder, better to be safe than sorry.

Don't work that way on a 6.0. Glow plugs are not under the valve cover.

I have done hundreds of set and never once had a problem with it.

Latest posts

Members online