Injector size questions

Jake P

Reaction score
I'm starting to look at options for injectors in my truck and i have a few questions before i decide. I'm going for the 500 RWHP range. I already have a BTS so there is no worrys there. What i wanna know, is what is the biggest injector i can get while still being streetable, and being able to tow with it without sky high EGT's? Also, towability aside, what injector would it take to make a 7.3 a competitive 2.6 truck?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I'm starting to look at options for injectors in my truck and i have a few questions before i decide. I'm going for the 500 RWHP range. I already have a BTS so there is no worrys there. What i wanna know, is what is the biggest injector i can get while still being streetable, and being able to tow with it without sky high EGT's? Also, towability aside, what injector would it take to make a 7.3 a competitive 2.6 truck?

I wish 2.6 truck and 500Hp truck would go together around here......

Start thinking hybrids with 200% tips - something like a 300/200 - its on the larger side of what most people consider towable and you should consult your tuner of choice before deciding to go this route as not all tuners are comfortable with the words 200% and towing.... now if you just need 500ish ponies - 238/100s fit the bill and more tuners are comfortable tuning them.

Jake P

Reaction score
So basically i can have either but not both? I can either have a 2.6 truck i cant tow with or a towable truck that will get its ass handed to it in the 2.6 class?

Once i get an idea of the injector size i wanna go with i'll start lookin at tuners too. I have tonys tunes right now but with everything goin on with him right now making his service slow (which i understand, family is more important), i need someone faster. Who are some good ones?

Last edited:

OBS Boysel

Reaction score
500 horsepower in a 2.6 class is not gonna get it. Try Matt with Gearhead he can pretty much do what you want with whatever injector you chose. Good Luck!

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
So basically i can have either but not both? I can either have a 2.6 truck i cant tow with or a towable truck that will get its ass handed to it in the 2.6 class?

It all depends on your 2.6 class... around here its 900RWHP+ for the top 5 trucks..... and those trucks are almost all trailer queens now.

If you truly do live in an area with a 500Hp 2.6 class - then hell yes you can build a truck to run with them and tow with - but that only lasts until someone decides that its not important to them to be able to use the truck anymore outside of sled pulling.

Jake P

Reaction score
As far as i know most guys around here have around 5-600 horse trucks in the 2.6 class. Not many people around here have the money for insane trucks. Mostly what we have here are EFI live tuned Dmaxes and Smarty tuned Cummins, with a bit larger turbo of course, and maybe a few extra mods. Nothing insane though. A couple years ago a guy won with a 7.3 with 238s and a 38R.

Big Bore

Reaction score
you should consult your tuner of choice before deciding to go this route as not all tuners are comfortable with the words 200% and towing.....

My tuner is towing at hi altitude ( well over 9000ft) with 200% nozzles with no problems at all on a lifted truck with 37's (i think).

What kind of pulse width is required to empty a 300/200? For some reason I thought 300's needed a 300% nozzle.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
As far as i know most guys around here have around 5-600 horse trucks in the 2.6 class. Not many people around here have the money for insane trucks. Mostly what we have here are EFI live tuned Dmaxes and Smarty tuned Cummins, with a bit larger turbo of course, and maybe a few extra mods. Nothing insane though. A couple years ago a guy won with a 7.3 with 238s and a 38R.

Where are you at? A couple years ago the 2.6 classes around here were in the 500hp range but now it seems like its creeping upwards of 700hp and trailer queens here also.

Jake P

Reaction score
Im in northwest ohio. I'm not talkin NTPA type 2.6 trucks. I don't have that kinda money LOL Most of the pulls i go to are county fair pulls and stuff like that.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
My tuner is towing at hi altitude ( well over 9000ft) with 200% nozzles with no problems at all on a lifted truck with 37's (i think).

What kind of pulse width is required to empty a 300/200? For some reason I thought 300's needed a 300% nozzle.

Like I said - not all tuners are comfortable - some are. :D

Going off the top of my head - 200% tips will lay out roughly 210cc of fuel in 2ms - that 210cc varies depending on what modifications are done - and I don't recall the exact setup that was either so I could be a bit off either way.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Yea not even close. There are workstock trucks around here making 600 to 650. Northern ky southern Ohio.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.