ipr question

prototypemo

Reaction score
ok guys, i need another more experienced set of eyes. I have replaced every sensor under the hood and my scan guage tells me everything is operating normal except my ipr will shoot up to 85 at WOT and I have no power and it surges now. I have boost and everything is operating in the normal parameters except the ipr. Is it telling me that my hpop is failing. Also I cleaned and replaced the ipr screen. it wasnt bad or punctured just when I inspected it I had an o ring that was warped so I replaced it just to be safe. any insight would be nice as i have now been at this for a month and am getting annoyed and pulling my eyeballs out

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Could be a weak hpop or a hp oil leak. If you can, look at icp desired to see how far it is from actual. Do you have any hot start issues? Your ipr reading is what the pcm is commanding it to do not what it is actually doing so you can't get false readings from the ipr.

prototypemo

Reaction score
I hate you right now...please indulge me as to why you say that...ive been leaning towards that but is there a way to test it or find out for sure?

prototypemo

Reaction score
i dont know if my scanguage is reading actual or desired. and hot starts are not an option as im currently 50 miles from canada....ugh...but there is never a start issue. im assuming my icp is actual. there is more info in the thread titled "i need help" if you wanted to see more info on this situation. and wouldnt i see an hp leak in my icp reading? ive been under that impression thus far thats why ive been avoiding a leak in the system until this point.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
If you have no starting issues it's probably a weak pump. The pump runs at full output all the time and the pcm controls the ipr to dump excess pressure to keep icp where it wants it. If your ipr is at 85% the pump is most likely weak and cannot produce the pressure being requested by the pcm.

prototypemo

Reaction score
Damnit!!!! That's what I was afraid of. Man ford wants arm,leg and first born for one. Thanks for the info though guys

Latest posts

Members online