Irate Billet Wheel Option for Bell BASB

ja_cain

Reaction score
Was just checking out Irates site and noticed they now offer a billet wheel option for the BASB. Anyone have any info/first hand experience on this?

Swaan

Reaction score
From what I heard, the existing BASB turbos w/o the billet wheel need to be sent back to Bell Turbo for the billet wheel option. The shaft needs to be balanced as per Pius.

Billy T.
[email protected]

That's actually the proper way to do any wheel upgrade. But most people just throw one on without a rebalance. I wouldn't thou.

Swaan

Reaction score
I wonder what exaclly that billet wheel upgrade is?? Probley just a bw 64.5 fmw.

rusty1161

Reaction score
I will be able to give some feedback on my billet Barder 366 turbo. It has the 360 degree bearing and was built/balanced with the billet wheel he supplies. I am looking forward to driving this truck again! :toast:

Rusty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Spoke with Pius this afternoon.

The BASB billet wheel (64mm) is an exact copy of the cast wheel. He had the billet wheel made for strength. He uses the BASB wheel in other application where he needs the strength of billet over cast. The hub of the wheel is where the billet prevails over the cast.

H&S dynoed the cast wheel vs the billet and he is waiting for the feedback. H&S used the billet wheel in a 6.4 or 6.7 application, don't know if it was in Cummins or Ford application. Sorry, I couldn't remember everything as Pius had me on the phone for 12 minutes and blew my mind away explaining everything about the wheel. The BASB cast wheel is good for 52lbs of boost.

I asked him if there would be any performance advantage over the cast. He said you'll break the rods in a 7.3 before you will see anything. There might be a slight spool up advantage because the wheel is lighter.

Bottom line, don't do anything; need to wait for the dyno report from H&S.

But eventually, the billet wheel is going to go into the BASB instead of the cast.

Oh yea, the wheel is not Chinese.....made in USA.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

Swaan

Reaction score
Interesting. I've talked to pius a few times about some big cat turbo questions I had. If you can actually get him on the phone he will talk your ear off. Lol. Smart guy thou.

ja_cain

Reaction score
Spoke with Pius this afternoon.

The BASB billet wheel (64mm) is an exact copy of the cast wheel. He had the billet wheel made for strength. He uses the BASB wheel in other application where he needs the strength of billet over cast. The hub of the wheel is where the billet prevails over the cast.

H&S dynoed the cast wheel vs the billet and he is waiting for the feedback. H&S used the billet wheel in a 6.4 or 6.7 application, don't know if it was in Cummins or Ford application. Sorry, I couldn't remember everything as Pius had me on the phone for 12 minutes and blew my mind away explaining everything about the wheel. The BASB cast wheel is good for 52lbs of boost.

I asked him if there would be any performance advantage over the cast. He said you'll break the rods in a 7.3 before you will see anything. There might be a slight spool up advantage because the wheel is lighter.

Bottom line, don't do anything; need to wait for the dyno report from H&S.

But eventually, the billet wheel is going to go into the BASB instead of the cast.

Oh yea, the wheel is not Chinese.....made in USA.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Good stuff! Thanks for relaying that.