is it too much?

codyc7.3

Reaction score
Im getting close to start buying parts and im starting to wonder is 250/200s and an s467 or 71 too much for my stock forged bottom end i want the good power but i want a reliable truck to. It wont be on the track and ill try resist doing a hook with it. So can i run that setup safely or would i be better off going to like a 250/100 or 238 and s366 setup?

bigaF250

Reaction score
Tuning is going to either save you or hurt you. That is a 550+hp setup. It could go either way but if you tune safe it would be fine. If you tune heavy it could run into problems. Don't forget your pushrods and valve springs.

blackbetty13

Reaction score
best set up in this catagory is 250/200s a gt4294 with a 1.01 divided t4. David lott drove my truck and his quote " man it lights like a 38r".

Arisley

Reaction score
I am a firm believer in stock pushrods. If you bend a pushrod, it is a cheap fix. If you put hard pushrods in, you will be breaking more expensive parts. Like possibly blocks or heads.

I think of pushrods sorta like a fuse. Built in weak link.

Lowdown89

Reaction score
I am a firm believer in stock pushrods. If you bend a pushrod, it is a cheap fix. If you put hard pushrods in, you will be breaking more expensive parts. Like possibly blocks or heads.

I think of pushrods sorta like a fuse. Built in weak link.

I agree, I know I still have stock pushrods and I hope that if something goes just the pushrod bends and I don't break more expensive parts

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
That was mine plan if I built my truck. A lot easier to pull the valve cover than to pull the motor if something decided to bend or break.

OSCS

Reaction score
I plan on either smith bros or DI. And does anyone know of better springs then 910s? Ones o wouldn't have to shim

You need to measure every valve to head Clearence, regardless. The power your looking at making poperly shimmed 910's are plenty good.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Irate has a set of valve springs that are supposed to be better. I don't know from personal experience but they do come with twice the price tag of 910's. They also come with guides and a few other things tho.

Latest posts

Members online