Is it worth it?

bigaF250

Reaction score
Gonna possibly pull the trigger on a 05 fx4 ccsb. There are two here in town that I'm looking at. Both seem to start a little rough, one cranks a little longer than normal then fires fine, the other fires right up but a little rough. Both trucks have around 140K miles on them but are in good shape all around. Both trucks have a 19,500 price tag but if I can get it down to around 15k I think it would be worth it. Both trucks are bone stock and run like a stock 6.0, nothing special there. Just curious on you guys opinions on these trucks. And yes I know what needs to be done once I get it as far as studs, delete, and tunes.

05wh250

Reaction score
Is there anybody you know you can take it to that can atleast put a computer on it to check it? Around 15 would probably be a good deal depending if anything is wrong with them.

Atsah

Reaction score
Basically you are looking to buy a known problem plagued engine.. Studs, EGR delete and tunes are not the end of the list of problem areas.. FICM's are a problem as well as STC fittings on the 05.. IMO, you would be better off buying a newer truck.. Chances are, if you buy a 6.0 with 140K on it for 15K, the 5-7K you are more than likey going to put into it over the next couple of years you could have bought a newer better truck.. The fact that you say neither one of them run right would be enough for me to save for few more months and buy a newer better truck.. I have had two of them and that's my opinion..

davey99ps

Reaction score
There's a 08 ex cab/sb for sale in the classifieds here for $13k I think bud. I'd be more interested in that than a 6.0, but I know you already had a 6.4 so maybe your not interested in another 1. Good luck either way bud

bigaF250

Reaction score
Hey Dave how's life been treatin ya? I would go with a ex cab but I have a little one on the way so that is kinda out of the question for me. I have no problem with the 6.4 other than the payment, I loved my 08 just minus the payment. I know the 6.0's can be plagued with trouble, just lookin to get back in a diesel within my payment range and get out of this turd of a f150. The truck I really want to get back to is a nice 7.3 but I'm not spending what everyone is asking on a truck that old with that many miles on it. Luckily enough for me is I am a tech and have and can pull cabs.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I've worked on a few of my friends 6.0's, an I don't really mind them. Having a lift would make things a lot easier, plus you can save quite a bit by doing the work yourself. Congrats on the little 1 btw.

davey99ps

Reaction score
I guess the biggest thing is make sure you do your research on it, i wouldn't be afraid of a 6.0, but I'd get an oasis done on any potential 1s. I wouldn't touch it if its been a constant problem for the previous owner. If there's anything I can help with, give me a call

CCRICE

Reaction score
I guess the biggest thing is make sure you do your research on it, i wouldn't be afraid of a 6.0, but I'd get an oasis done on any potential 1s. I wouldn't touch it if its been a constant problem for the previous owner. If there's anything I can help with, give me a call

:whs:
If you were leaning towards either of them i would have the stealership run some diagnostics on it and see whats up with the rough start. I'd hate to see you buy one and a FICM or something like that go out in it and cost you a few hundo to get it fixed.

bigaF250

Reaction score
Haha Nick how the hell you been buddy. I think I've still got your number, I'll shoot ya a text tomorrow sometime. Eric, I know what I think I want lol, just not sure yet. I think I'm gonna wait for now till I can 100% make up my mind. If anything I'll just save and pay cash for a rclb 7.3. And hell no not another dodge. The shop had that thing more then I did just trying to keep it on the road

bigaF250

Reaction score

Thanks Dave, I will for sure. Maybe one of these days I'll give ya a call just to shoot the sh!t

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
Haha Nick how the hell you been buddy. I think I've still got your number, I'll shoot ya a text tomorrow sometime. Eric, I know what I think I want lol, just not sure yet. I think I'm gonna wait for now till I can 100% make up my mind. If anything I'll just save and pay cash for a rclb 7.3. And hell no not another dodge. The shop had that thing more then I did just trying to keep it on the road

Been good man, just busy! You know how that is. If you are looking for something particular I may be able to find it for you, my cousin has been doing the used car stuff and going to auctions regularly so I will have him on the look out if you want something specific.

Latest posts

Members online