Is there a way to keep the fog lights on?

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I use auto mode for the headlights and it turns the auxiliary/fog lights off when you turn the brights on.

I'm looking at the 35w LED lights from Vision X and to be honest, it would work better the opposite way. That is turn the aux lights on with the high beams.

Does anyone know a way to do this short of just wiring it into the high beams?

SAK

Reaction score
I know there is a way you could do this, the stock fog light harness would need to trigger a relay or two. I will have to look and see how it is done.

Zmann

Reaction score
in the previous trucks the fog shut off to prevent an overload on the wiring IIRC

it was harder than adding a simple switch to fix the issue from what I remember due to back feeding and ground switching ? there was a company that sold a kit to rectify the problem and had options also like highs,lows and fogs on at the same time

I can't find the company still looking

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Brite box?
http://www.briteboxinc.com/#page_0/

in the previous trucks the fog shut off to prevent an overload on the wiring IIRC

it was harder than adding a simple switch to fix the issue from what I remember due to back feeding and ground switching ? there was a company that sold a kit to rectify the problem and had options also like highs,lows and fogs on at the same time

I can't find the company still looking

TrickTruck

Reaction score
How about a way of just disabling the factory 'off' when the brights are on? Is that somewhere in the menus or maybe a service call with the ids tool?

Jarrod B

Reaction score
i dont know if ford has that kinda programming for us end users. i know for a fact vw has a program you can purchase and basically reprogram the entire car to what ever you want by hex code.

but you are better off just unhooking the factory harness and running your own harness to the fogs and a toggle switch, or the brightbox mentioned above.

Latest posts

Members online