Is this even possible??

demain3

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site, I have a 7.3 01 with a few aftermarket parts on it. I'm currently running into a problem with the ride of the truck. Yes I know it's a 3/4 ton truck but it bucks like a bull even on newly paved roads. I have a 6 inch lift with Firestone air bags in the rear. I just replaced all shocks with the rancho 9000 adjustables. It helped out a very small amount but not near enough. So I thought would it be possible to get ahold of either 4 inch leaf kit with shackles or even go back to stock leafs with 12 inch shackles to make up for the height and still have stock ride. And I way over my head on this? Can you guys help me out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
That's odd. I had a 2000 with a deaver 6 inch lift and blocks in the rear and never had an issue? Are you running any kind of trac bars on the rear? What brand lift is t? Mine had stock shackles on the front with the think 10 leaf progressive pack and it actually rode pretty fair for a 1 ton truck

demain3

Reaction score
Not sure what lift it is, I do have blocks in the rear and a 10 inch leaf as well. And no trac bar either.

demain3

Reaction score
I have been adjusting them, right now they are on the softest setting, but even with the adjustments it's not where it should be. It's past the point of being able to have a child in the back (shakin baby syndrome)

demain3

Reaction score
Collins deaver is a nice riding lift, just got off the phone with them and they want $2,000 just for 4 leaf springs. That's insane!!

Jomax

Reaction score
Unless you spend big bucks. A high lift and soft ride in the same sentence is non existent. Cheapest way to make it smoother is lower it. Throw stock springs with a hanger lift 35s and enjoy life.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

demain3

Reaction score
Unless you spend big bucks. A high lift and soft ride in the same sentence is non existent. Cheapest way to make it smoother is lower it. Throw stock springs with a hanger lift 35s and enjoy life.

I would also have to buy new shocks and pitman arm mount if I went that route right?

demain3

Reaction score
So would stock springs and an 8 inch custom shackle do? What's the thoughts on that?

demain3

Reaction score
I'd take ride over looks lol, thought about just adding weights underneath the bed where the spare is supposed to go. Seen some people were bolting tractor weights under there

97stoker350

Reaction score
well if you dont care what it looks like why dont you lower it and solve your problems? plus that puts way less stress on all the other components of the truck

JD3020

Reaction score
well if you dont care what it looks like why dont you lower it and solve your problems? plus that puts way less stress on all the other components of the truck

Yep. Never understood the attraction of a lifted truck, every one i've ever been in rides like ****. Worse than my OBS. Unless of course you spend big bucks on custom springs or coilovers/4-link.

Also what configuration is it? The shorter the truck is, the worse it'll ride.

demain3

Reaction score
1 my pitman arm mount is welded on, and I'd have to find all the parts for the stock suspension piece by piece. I haven't seen a stock kit. 2 I just bought rancho 9k shocks. And correct me if I'm wrong but the lengths are definitely different. 3 I have 35s and those won't fit under stock suspension. As much as I'd love to freaking lower it down, I think it's be more of a PITA

Jomax

Reaction score
35s will fit. Unless you have some insane offset.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.